chapter sixteen

SPELLBOUND

chapter sixteen

The elevator bell dings as Mason quickly exits and rushes down the 4th-floor corridor at the hospital

The elevator bell dings as Mason quickly exits and rushes down the 4th-floor corridor at the hospital. His arms were full of medical supplies as he approaches the room where Melissa was with a semi-conscious Hayden and Ivy.

"Over here, yeah," Melissa instructs Mason. Ivy drowsy watches Mason put down the medical supplies near her.

"Shouldn't we be talking to one of the doctors?" Mason questioned.

"I've been wrestling with that for hours. Do we bring them in and watch them treat Hayden as a normal patient, while we stand here knowing that's not going to work? Or do we keep trying everything medically possible to save her, while her body does things that shouldn't be medically possible?"

"Is she dying?"

"With the amount of mercury in her body right now, she shouldn't even be alive.

"What about Ivy?" Mason asks as Ivy lets out a groan of pain and rushes to her side.

"It's complicated. The fact that she's throwing up mistletoe is a big concern, seeing as that stuff to werewolves can be harmful and usually exposes their true nature, but then Ivy isn't just a werewolf. So I don't even know how it's even affecting her, besides the pain. And if what she told Liam is true, my chances of saving her are through Hayden."

Mason gave Melissa a confused look, clearly not having been caught up on the latest updates on one of his best friends.

Melissa sighed as she broke it down to Mason in the simplest of terms ever, "If Hayden dies, so does Ivy."

✯☾✯

Scott pants as he reaches the roof of the library. However, the mountain ash barrier was still blocking him from leaving, looks like the barrier was as tall as the school library.

Another asthma attack hits Scott, and he reaches for his inhaler and takes a puff. However, it doesn't seem to be working. Scott ends up crushing the device in his hand and notices a puff of purple gas exiting.

Scott immediately realizes that Theo was the one who had given him this inhaler, which was full of wolfsbane. Scott had unknowingly been weakening himself everything he used the device, all thanks to Theo.

Scott turns around and sees that Liam had joined him on the wolf. Expect Liam was in his wolf form, fangs, and claws all out.

"Did Theo let you in?" Scott questions as Liam walks around him.

"Did you lie to me?" Liam furiously asks.

"I've never lied to you."

"But you won't save Hayden, meaning you won't save Ivy."