chapter fifteen

SPELLBOUND

chapter fifteen

Ivy held Hayden's hand, as she sat down on a chair right next to where Hayden laid

Ivy held Hayden's hand, as she sat down on a chair right next to where Hayden laid. Hayden was getting worse by the minute. Ivy felt it, she still didn't know why or even understood it. She also hadn't made any progress to share her theories with anyone else.

She knew she had to tell someone, but how? Would any of them even understand? Ivy knew that they would all understand in their own ways. But she was a Steiner, preferred to handle something on her own first, before even bothering to ask for help, outside of family that was.

Family. That was it. Ivy knew someone she could talk to this about. Someone that would always support Ivy's choices and decisions, even if they hated it with a passion. Her older brother. Ethan.

One small problem. Ivy had no idea where her phone currently was. Also, she felt her body growing tired. Without even trying, Ivy's head dropped onto her arm, for which she was holding Hayden's hand with, and welcomed the darkness.

Ivy's head was pounding as she woke up. Though she was no longer in the animal clinic with Melissa and Hayden next to her.

'What the hell?' Ivy asked herself as she looked for any clues that might suggest where she was.

"HELLO!" Ivy screamed, but she received pure silence. Ivy sighed as she continued looking around. Minutes passed before she heard a familiar voice.

"Ivy?"

Ivy slowly turned around and almost cried at the sight in front of her.

"Aiden!" Ivy yelled in excitement as she ran to hug her deceased older brother. "Oh my god," Ivy let out as she smelled the familiar scent of her brother in the air. "You're really here. How?"

Aiden smiled as he tightly hugged his baby sister. "Long story, that we don't have time for."

"What's going on? Where are we?"

Aiden sighed, "It's kind of like limbo. It's too complicated to fully explain right. But you need to listen to me."

Ivy nodded, "What's going on?"

"You and Hayden, you're connected."

"Connected?"

"Again time is limited, but yes. I know you feel it."

Ivy nodded, she did feel something. Her brother was just confirming the theories she had formed all on her own.

"The dread doctors did this?"

Aiden sighed, "Sorta. They enhanced it in a way. I can't really go into detail right now. But you must be careful, at Hayden's rate. You two face the same fate."