chapter one

SPELLBOUND

chapter one

Ivy groaned in frustration

Ivy groaned in frustration. She couldn't get her abilities to work the way she wanted them to.

"You have to concentrate," her brother, Ethan told her for the hundredth time today.

"I AM!" Ivy snapped. She dropped onto the floor and sighed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap."

Ethan took a seat on the floor in front of his little sister and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry, I understand."

"It's just harder than I thought."

"And you'll get the hang of it. I promise you will."

Ivy sighed once more. "I know. It's just I was supposed to be back in Beacon Hills already, and I'm just lying to both Liam and Mason."

"Ivy, you know you could just tell them the truth."

"I can't," Ivy softly spoke. Ethan gave her a look of confusion. "Mason still doesn't know about the supernatural and I don't want to worry Liam with this."

Ethan let out a soft chuckle, "Ivy, Liam is your boyfriend. He's going to be there for you through the ups and downs. And if he isn't, I will personally take a flight straight away to Beacon Hills and knock some sense into him."

Ivy laughed, a smile finally forming onto her face after a long day of trying to gain control over her abilities. "Thanks, Ethan."

"Oh, Ivy. You know I'm always going to be here for you."

"I know that," and with that Ivy wrapped her arms around her brother. A brotherly hug from Ethan always seemed to help her feel better at times like this.

"Now, I'll understand if you're too tired to continue practicing," Ethan let out.

Ivy shook her head, "Let's do this."

"That's what I like to hear."

✯☾✯

Ivy didn't like the look on Ethan's face. He had something happen, and she knew she wasn't going to like it, one bit.

"What are you planning, E?"

"Don't you worry, lil sis."

Ivy went to remove a strand of hair out of her face, and the next thing she knew Ethan was putting himself in danger.

Ivy felt a rush of power pumping through her system. A ball of blue light started forming on her fingers as she screamed her brother's name. And the magic within her unleashed.

"You did it, Ivy," Ethan proudly stated.

Ivy glared at him, "Are you insane, you could have been hurt."

"But I wasn't."

"Ethan, what if I hadn't been able to pull that. You could have been killed."

"Ivy, sis. I know you. You would never allow for the people you care for getting hurt. No matter how much you doubt yourself."

Ivy nodded, as the pair of siblings cleaned their mess up before making their way back to the apartment.

Ethan had managed to get himself a nice looking apartment in London with an excellent view of the city.

Ivy was going to miss the view when she returned to Beacon Hills, which was in a couple of days. In a couple of days, she'll finally be a sophomore at Beacon Hills High School. She was anxious yet also curious on what the new school year was going to bring.

Last school year was heretic with the Deadpool and all. Ivy only wished it would be calmer because she really wished to continue on practicing her new magical abilities with the help of Deaton.

When Ivy had left Beacon Hills to be reunited with her brother for the summer. He finally came clean and explained everything to Ivy. No more secrets were kept hidden from each of the Steiner siblings.

Apparently, Ivy didn't share a father with Ethan and Aiden. Their mother had an affair with a warlock when Ethan and Aiden were young, hence the magical abilities that Ivy had gained.

It made things very clear to Ivy, it explained why Garrett had laced the wolfbane with something a bit more powerful when he kidnapped both Liam and her last school year. She just wished how he could have possibly known that she was something other than just a werewolf.

But Ivy wasn't going to get stuck in the past anymore. She was going to embrace the future and all of its possibilities. Meaning that she was going to accept her magical powers. She was ready to accept the fact that she wasn't just a werewolf. No, Ivy Steiner was also part witch, and that thrilled Ivy. However, it annoyed her that it was such a pain in the arse to handle.

✯☾✯

Ivy sat in the bumped out window seat looking out into the London night sky. The view was to die for. The way the city lights glowed in the different buildings. It definitely was nothing like Beacon Hills.

Her glace left the night sky, as she heard footsteps entering the room.

"My, my. Don't you look fancy now, E" Ivy jested. Ethan rolled his eyes, "Is it too much?"

Ivy shook her head, "No, I'm just messing around. You look good."

Ethan let out a sigh of relief.

"Though I wish you would just tell me the name of this fine gentleman that you have been going on so many dates with."

"You know his name."

"No, I don't. Ethan you only gave me his first initial, J. Like come on, I deserve a name."

"Ivy, you know I-" Ethan started, but Ivy cut him off. "Want to see how things go first before you introduce him to your little sister."

"Yeah," Ethan said in agreement.

"Have fun on your date."

Ethan came around and placed a light kiss on Ivy's forehead. "Remember, there's money on the counter, if you want to order out," Ethan spoke as he put on his jacket and exited the apartment to go on his date, leaving Ivy all alone in their London apartment.

✯☾✯

"Call me if you need anything, you hear me," Ethan stated as he made sure that his little sister had everything she needed before she boarded the plane to head back to Beacon Hills.

"Don't worry, I will."

The two embraced in a hug before Ethan pulled away and gave Ivy her backpack that he was carrying.

"I'll miss you, Ivy."

"And I'll miss you, E."

The two gave one another a hug before Ivy's plane was called for boarding.

She was going to be reunited once more with her friends and her boyfriend. To Beacon Hills, she headed.