chapter three

SPELLBOUND

chapter three

Ivy felt strange, it was going to take her some time before she grew accustomed to waking up in bed at the McCall house

Ivy felt strange, it was going to take her some time before she grew accustomed to waking up in bed at the McCall house. But this was where she was going to be living for the next school year. She was just thankful enough that Scott and Melissa had welcomed her into their house. Even after all that Aiden and Ethan once put Scott's pack through.

Ivy quickly changed out of her pajamas and into regular clothes, which consisted of a pair of light blue wash ripped skinny jeans and a black t-shirt, which she topped with a flannel over it.

She packed her school bag before heading downstairs.

"Hey, Scott," She greeted as she went and took an apple that was on the counter.

"Need a ride?"

"Yes, please."

✯☾✯

Ivy had just finished sending her brother a text, apologizing for not texting him when she landed and telling him about the storm that hit the town yesterday. She didn't inform Ethan about the creepy talon man, not wanting to worry him, seeing as that talon man ran away.

"Ivy!" A very excited voice yelled, causing the half-witch and half werewolf girl to lock her phone and place it in her pocket.

"Mason," she greeted her best friend who pulled her into a hug. "I've missed you." "Me too, bud."

After his best friend and girlfriend separated from their hug, he brought Ivy in for a quick kiss. While Mason took the time to open up some book he was carrying.

"What's that?" Ivy asked Mason, as the trio began to walk to their first class.

"This is the one I was telling you two about. I got it from a rare book dealer in Germany. Cost me two hundred bucks, but it was totally worth it."

"You're still reading about this stuff?" Liam questioned. Ivy could see that Mason still was obsessed with the berserker. Ivy sighed, she thought he was over that.

"I was attacked by an armor-plated giant wearing a bear skull. It left an impression." Mason could tell his friends weren't very impressed by the information. "Look, look. Have you ever seen anything like this?" Ivy leaned closer to Liam to get a very look at what Mason was pointing.

"Uh, no. Never." Liam nervously replied.

"Looks like a pretty cool costume idea to me," Ivy jokes, trying to enlighten this conversation. But Mason still wouldn't stray from the topic.

Ivy walked ahead of her boyfriend and best friend, entering the classroom first, deciding to block out their conversation. Not wanting to continue hearing Mason go on about berserkers. She still wasn't completely over what the berserkers had done to Derek.