chapter thirty-three

SPELLBOUND

chapter thirty-three

Ivy leads Scott and Liam down into the dread doctors' operating theater

Ivy leads Scott and Liam down into the dread doctors' operating theater. The familiar atmosphere sends chills down Ivy's body. "Have I mentioned that I hate this place?" Ivy mutters as the trio reach Theo, who was currently staring at an empty tank.

"They called him Der Soldat. That's German for 'The Soldier.' I'm pretty sure he fought in World War II," Theo states as he turns around to face the trio.

"And he was a Nazi?" Scott states/questions at the same time.

"And an Alpha Werewolf," Ivy states, already knowing information on Der Soldat from Theo.

"The Dread Doctors were using him to prolong their lives. They've been doing it for decades. Actually, probably longer," Theo adds in.

"How old are these guys?" Liam confusedly asks.

"Old," Ivy mutters.

Theo shrugs, "Who knows? But wherever they go, he goes too."

"So how do we find him?" Liam asks.

"Keeping him alive requires a pretty unique set of conditions. There's got to be a power source, it has to be underground," Theo trails off.

Scott realizes where Theo is going with the information, and pulls out the map from his jacket pocket. "And on a telluric current."

Theo grabs the map from Scott's hand. He opens the map and smirks in satisfaction, "Looks like we're going for a hike."

Ivy takes a quick glance at Scott and Liam, before turning to Theo. "Let's go on a hike, then!"

✯☾✯

Ivy and Liam are following Scott and Theo further into the preserve, though Ivy and Liam are the ones following Mason's scent, seeing as they know Mason's scent best. Ivy decides to listen in on Scott's conversation with Theo.

"Where is he?" Scott asks.

"I thought we were looking for him?" Theo answers, playing dumb, seeing as he knows who Scott is refferring to.

Scott sighs, "You know who I'm talking about."

"Deucalion?"

"You shouldn't trust him," Scott states, causing Ivy to frown.

"And you're the one who let him live." Theo rebuttals. He turns back to look at Ivy, a smirk growing on his face. "And let's not forget you took in his star pupil."

Ivy glared at Theo, knowing just how far he's willing to go with his comments. She knew he couldn't pass up the opportunity to make some sick comment on her past actions when she was a part of Deucalion's alpha pack. So she frustratedly walked away from them, not wanting to deal with Theo anymore.