Kenma Kozume X Fem! Reader (Haikyuu!!) {Reunited}

Ah yes one of my favorite fanfic tropes, childhood friends to lovers but with extra septs and this requests as for me to make is angsty, my favorite~

Trigger warning: Bullying (nothing too serious, just being called weird and a loser)

"Kenma?" The teacher calls out, looking down at his roster. 

"Here." He replies, earning a snicker or two from his other classmates.

(Y/n) glares at the kids who dared to look back at her best friend, trying to mock him. "(Last name)?"

"Here." She replies, shooting daggers at anyone who looked her way. She knew they would make an unnecessary comment.

The two never knew why they became targets for the class to make fun of but (Y/n) refused to back down. She thought that the best way to fight back was to make the other kids uncomfortable with her presence. Like how she saw someone do on television one  Saturday. This however never worked and only angered their classmates.

In their defense, (Y/n) and Kenma were the weird kids. That's why the made fun of them so much. In their seven year old brains it made totally sense to pick on them. The teachers never gave what they were doing much thought. To him it was just something all kids do and the they need to learn how to handle the situation on their own.

Which came as a shock to (Y/n) when she told him the effect all of this was having on Kenma.

"He doesn't want to come to school! I go get him every day to make sure he comes!" She yells at him, stomping her feet. "Make them stop!"

The teacher smiled at her, patted her on the head, and said "they're just joking." Another teacher entered the classroom, "oh (L/n) why are you still here?"

She doesn't say anything and exits the room. Kenma was waiting for her outside, listening in on their conversation. "I'm sorry Kenma." She says looking at his sad expression. "If they won't help then I'll just have to do it myself."

They walk home in silence that day, Kenma's worries about school increased by the hour. (Y/n) spent that night brainstorming ways she could get her classmates to stop making fun of them. She couldn't ever pin point why they were hated so much. In the end, the two fell asleep and awoke the next morning with heavy sighs.

----

"Will you shut up!" (Y/n) roared, slamming the palms of her hands onto her desk. The other students all got really quiet as the teacher's facial expression changed drastically. All of the students were still seven years old, they weren't aloud to use that phrase.

"(Y/n)!" The teacher shouted in reply as Kenma sank down into his seat. "You know better than to say that!"

"Well you weren't doing anything!" She yells back, "and why do you hate us!" She yells at her classmates. "What did we ever do to you!"

Another teacher, who was passing by while their class was somewhere else, opens the door to see (Y/n) yelling. Her teacher grabs her by the arm and drags her out of the room, letting the one who walked in take over. "You're all just a bunch of jerks!" The teacher slams the door closed.

Half an hour passes, (Y/n) is now sitting before the principal with her arms crossed. Her parents walk in, "hello." They both greet the principal before sitting down. 

"I'm assuming her teacher told you what happened?" Says the principal. 

"Yes, we are so sorry that happened. (Y/n) will have a stern talking to when we get home. This will not happen again." They both stood up and bowed.