Gon X Fem! Reader (Hunter X Hunter) {Four Leaves on a Clover}

On the night of October 10th, 2021 I finally fished watching Hunter X Hunter (2011) after starting it five years ago. This is a tribute to 13 year old me, who loved this series and who never got passed the ant arc. You did it kid.

Note: The reader is 13, same age as Gon and Killua

Greed Island; an unknown place in the real world but most people think it is just a game. Only nen users are allowed in, setting the games difficulty the moment you step in.

This is where we meet our heroes Gon and Killua on another journey. Still on their quest to find Gon's father. Killua tagging along for the ride.

In this arc the boys meet another kid their age; the luckiest thirteen year old (Y/n).

Their first meeting was in the town closest to the spawn in point every player visits in the game. Gon and Killua step out of a restaurant and walk over to a bulletin board filled with different competitions. If you win you get a card. So the boys partake in a few, noticing (Y/n) winning many of these competitions.

Each one of these competitions involved luck. Some might say knowing your opponent helps too. But let's be honest, in a game of rock-paper-scissors there is no way to tell. "Geez how come that kid keeps winning..." Killua mumbles to himself.

"It's a partner, every four games..." Gon whispers to himself, "maybe an item?" Smoke starts to come from his ears. Killua drags him off to their next competition.

(Y/n) notices the boys too, "huh they must be around my age. And they're cute..."

After our heroes got ambushed, they plan out their next move by a staircase. This is where our newest character makes an appearance. "Hello!" (Y/n) greets with a smile. "You boys are new players too, yeah?"

"Yeah we are." Gon replies. "I'm guessing you are too?"

Don't trust people so blindly idiot, Killua thinks glaring at Gon.

"Yep sorry all your cards got stolen." (Y/n) moves down the stairs and stands on the last step. "I heard that in Masadora you can get spell cards."

"Oh really? Maybe we can get a map too." Gon looks over at Killua. He is studying this person in front of them. So he doesn't add in any input.

"I'm headed there myself if you want to join me. I may not look like it but I'm pretty strong. I can protect you until we get there." (Y/n) tries to persuade them. 

"And why would you do that?" Killua finally pipes up. "What are you trying to gain from us?" He stands up, Gon follows his actions.

(Y/n) shrugs, "well this game is fun after all, and I haven't gotten the chance to protect anyone yet. So why not?"

Gon is known for having another sense for telling wether or not a person's intentions are good. That ability has only sharpened with his adventures. After hearing this mysterious person is enjoying his father's game, he agrees. "Okay then but you have to lead the way."

Killua blinks and watches as Gon and (Y/n) start walking. "Huh!?" He ends up following anyway, to protect Gon.

A few hours of walking have passed, Gon and (Y/n) have been exchanging in small talk. 

"Wait..." Killua walks in front of their newest companion. "You're from the (L/n) family! Aren't you!"

(Y/n) chuckles, "sure am Zoldyck. But I'm not here to rob you guys or anyone. I'm truly just here to play the game."

Gon looks back and forth between them; trying to figure out what they are talking about.

"Never mind that," Gon changes the subject. "How long is that girl going to follow us?"