Sai X Short! Shy! Fem!Reader (Naruto) {Shy Confessions}

Since I have free control over this one shot, I decided to make the reader a shy and cute. I hope it works *laughs* this is a request!

This one shot has inspired by the song down below. I think it is very cute so and this request doesn't have any main details (other than to be cute). Also this song has nothing to do with the one shot, you do not have to listen to it.

"Today's the day!" Ten-Ten cheered, "you have to tell him today! They leave for a mission tomorrow!"

"Okay okay calm down." I laughed nervously, "I-I'll tell him but you have to promise me that you will tell the guy you have a crush on him too, right?"

"(Y/n) that didn't make any sense, but yes. I'm guessing I already made that promise." Ten-Ten smiles and then pushes me in his direction.

I stumble forward and bump into into Sai.

He turns around with a blank face, "oh hello (Y/n). Kind of weird of you to bump into me. Thought you would have been able to see me."

Did he just call me short? Well it's not like I can explain that Ten-Ten shoved me into him...

"Y-y-y-yeah sorry about that." I said, scratching the back of my head and looked away from him. "I was just wondering, if you're not busy, if you maybe would, umm, like to-"

"Hey Sai!" Naruto shouts from behind us. "Wanna go get ramen with Sakura and me?" He asked and smiled but then he noticed my presents. "Oh hey (Y/n)! Sorry didn't see you there."

You're standing right behind me, idiot.

"Sure, you picked the perfect time. This is the only free time I have until next month." Sai smiles.

"Next month!" Ten-Ten shouts from the bush she was hiding behind.

"Uh Ten-Ten?" Naruto asks, walking over to her hiding spot. He pushes the bushes back and looks down at Ten-Ten. Sai and I stood still, wanting to see how this would play out. "Whatcha doing over here?"

"I dropped a ninja weapon Naruto!" She shouts, "is it so wrong for someone to look for something they lost!" She then pushes Naruto to the ground and the bush covers her hiding spot once again.

"Why does that always happen to me?" Naruto sighs, standing up and rubbing the back of his head. "Seriously I have enough bumps on my head."

Sai and I stood there, not knowing what to do. After a few seconds of silence, "hey N-Naruto are you okay?"

He looks down at me and smiles, "of course! A little bump isn't going to keep me down!"

"Oh yeah how about two!" Ten-Ten shouts, "now go!" She yells and Naruto takes off towards the ramen shop.

"Well that was an odd turn of events. Now what were you saying, (Y/n)?" Sai asks but then Naruto shouts from far away.

"Sai! Are you coming or not!?"

Sai sighs and turns back to me, "would you like to come along? After all Naruto and Sakura will be there."

"Y-y-y-y-yeah! Sounds Great!" I replied trying to sound as cheery as possible. Everyone could hear Ten-Ten emerge from the bush and yell "wahoooooooooo!" even the people of the Sand Village.

----

"Hey (Y/n)! Sai!" Naruto and Sakura waved from the ramen noodle shop, "we saved you seats!"

I gave them a smile and sat next to Sai and an empty seat. "I-I-I-I-It's been so long, Sakura."

"It really has been a long time. You're always out of the village it's like you're never here." She replies with a soft smile.

"That's because she's not here a lot, Sakura." Naruto says with a mouth full of ramen.

"Better chew your food all the way, Naruto. You could choke if you don't." Said replied in a monotone voice. This caused Naruto to get a little bit freaked out and drank half of his water.

"D-don't say that while I'm eating!" He whines, Sakura and I laugh at him.

"You're gonna eat ramen no matter what anyone says, Naruto. Don't be all dramatic about it." Sakura chuckles and began to eat some of her ramen.

"Bold of you to say something like that, Sakura." Naruto challenge.

I laugh as the two start bring up the past mistakes and over dramatic moments. It was like they were playing a game of "who can embarrass who more" or something like that.

"You know you're really cute (Y/n)." Sai says, looking down at me. "Short girls are cute after all, at least that's what I think."

My face began to heat up, I froze and didn't know what to do. Knowing the longer I don't say anything, the more things get awkward. So I decide to just eat some ramen.

Yeah nice choice (Y/n).

"I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-" I tried to say but then Naruto and Sakura dragged Sai and I out of the shop. "H-H-H-H-H-Hey!" I shouted as Sakura dragged me by my shirt out the shop.

"We're leaving! Come on (Y/n)!" Sakura said and pulled me away from Naruto and Sai. They were off course walking in the other direction. 

Why does can't I just tell him! Oh I know why not just shout it at him and then run away! No that's even worse. Then again, I am leaving the village again tomorrow. Even though all I think about is how dumb this is, at least I will finally get it out. Okay here goes nothing.

"S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Sai!" I shout at the top of my lungs, Sakura looks at me like I just lost my mind. Which is only partly true. "I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-"

"Come on (Y/n) we don't have time for this." Sakura says and starts to drag me away again.

I shake her off and run over to where Sai and Naruto are at. "I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I- ummmmm....." 

Half way there, I can do this!

Sai turns around to see me running toward him. Naruto really knows how to get away from a person.

"H-H-H-H-H-H-Hey ummm I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-"

I started to speed up, hoping that it would boost my confidence in some way. But off course, I just had to trip over a rock and shout what I have been trying to say for almost a year now.

"I LIKE YOU SAI!"

Before I hit the ground, someone caught me in their arms. "Never thought someone could confess that way."

The person's voice sounds a lot like Sai.... Sai!?

I look up to be face to face with the man I just confessed too. He had a bright smile on his face, "and here I thought I would have to be the first one to confess." My cheeks started to burn as he brought me close to his. chest.

"I likee you too, (Y/n)."

Cute and very weird is the only way I can describe this one shot. It's a bit shorter than I wanted it to be but uh studying is a thing that I absolutely have to do now. Seriously I will fail my classes if I don't. And then I really can't write any one shot since I will then be grounded. Anyway I hope you all liked this one shot and I will see you later!

LOVE YOU GUYS