Neutral! Hange Zoe X Male! Reader (Attack On Titan) [Various AUs] {Holding}

You know I wrote half a one shot, over a thousand words, didn't know what to do with it so now it's stored somewhere else. And I was driving to school this morning and I remember the point of that one shot: I just wanted to hold Hange in my arms. And so, this idea was scratched down onto a notebook I had in my floor board (my car is clean I swear) and this idea came to life.

Hope you enjoy.

Normal Attack On Titan AU (season 1 spoiler warning):

"Another day, another pointless meeting." (Y/n) sighs and sits at his desk.

"It wasn't pointless." Hange says, "not this one at least."

"All we got out of it was the other branches hate us, still, and you revealed more information about titans."

Hange makes that face, the one made just before they do something stupid. The action today, "why are you pinching my cheeks?"

"You're only mad because you haven't slept in days." They reply, dodging the question. "Honestly am I going to drag you to bed and force you to sleep."

(Y/n) copies Levi's signature stone cold face. "Uh huh and what does that have to do with pinching my cheeks?"

"To loosen up your face." They state, "which seems to be working."

"Does it now?" (Y/n) mocks, swatting their hand away, returning to his paper work.

A knock on the door alarms the two before someone enters. "Are you done yet, love birds?" Levi walks in with Erwin behind him.

"All expeditions are being put on hold now. I'll try to convince the higher ups to change their minds in a few days. Until then do don't anything to make them mad." Erwin explains, looking at (Y/n).

"I won't do anything to cause trouble. That Eren boy take care of that for me." He laughs and Hange smacks him in the back.

"Hange," he ignores the man's comment, "you are free to continue experimenting as you please. Just don't blow anything up." With that Erwin turns to leave.

"I'm still stuck baby sitting..." Levi mumbles as he leaves too.

The night goes on until only a few candles remain. Hange barges into (Y/n)'s office, "how aren't you asleep yet?" They drape themself over his shoulder.

"Some of us don't spend half the day running around in excitement."

"Maybe that's because you don't get excited." They yawn and look at a the paper they are filling out. "Are you almost done?"

"Just about."

"Then go to sleep, you can fill this out tomorrow. Can't you?"

"How when I have to watch you." He replies, looking at them.

"If I recall you only have to stay out of trouble, Erwin's orders." Hange takes the pen out of his hand. Grabbing his arm, close to his shoulder, and starts dragging him towards the door. "You'll feel a lot better."

"I feel fine." (Y/n) groans, "but that doesn't matter, does it?"

"Nope. Bring the candle with you." Hange instructs. They made it back to the Hange's room, right next to (Y/n)'s. "And you'll be sleeping here tonight."

"Yeah yeah yeah." (Y/n) shakes off their arm. The two spend the next hour in silence, until Hange looks over their shoulder to see him wide awake. Only the moon light reveled his eyes, staring at something in the dark.

"You're supposed to sleep."

"Yeah?" He replies. Like Levi, sleep doesn't come naturally to him. Not because he spend time defending his life during his youth. Or in fear the titans would breach the walls again.