Mitsuki X Reader (Boruto: Naruto Next Generations) {When Internet Friends Meet}

Edit February 3, 2021: So apparently this one shot doesn't have a gender for the reader which is honestly surprising to me but like alright then. Just one more nah gender reader for this book. Let me know if I'm wrong here so that I can correct it.

You know that feeling when you're away from the one person who means most to you? How about the person you care about most is away from you? Or they're away from you? Maybe you have never met? Never seen each others faces. Never gotten the chance to embrace and kiss. Never heard them say, 'I love you' ever. 

Then you start thinking that you never will. Can't tell your friends about them, they'll just think it's weird. They will hate the person who means the world to you with out even meeting them. Worst feeling in the world, right?

One day, the green dot glow next to their name. Smiling to yourself, 'good morning! Well not for you.... are you still awake?' Read the message they just sent.

I know that they smiled when I replied with, 'yeah I'm still here. Took you long enough to wake up lol.'

Mitsuki and I live across the world from each other. Our chances of meeting are, well, never. It hurts to think that the person you want to see most is across the world. 

'How was your day?' They replied.

'It was okay, lots of people came in today but at least I got a lot of tips.'

'Hey, that's good! Extra money is never a bad thing.'

I smile at their words. He never fail to make me so happy with the simplest words.

Before I could reply back, they started to type again. 'Okay I'm gonna cut to the chase. Are you still stuck on not wanting to see me?'

I froze, not sure what to reply. He noticed me not saying anything for five minutes and does something bold. The next thing to appear on screen was 'accept video call?' 

A video call. Really, now he wants to see my face. He wants to break the barrier. Now of all times.

Apparently there was a time limit for how long you could think about clicking the 'accept call' icon or 'decline call' icon. 

'So, this is it?' He continues to type, 'if you don't want to break this wall okay. But that doesn't mean I don't want to see you. I want to meet you, (y/n). Hug you close and never let go. Hold your hand and ask you to a date. Then another. Another after that and one more before I ask you to go out with me.'

I sat back in my chair, too many thoughts spinning through out my head. 'Please, I don't want to stop being friends with you. You say you're ugly and I tell you you're not. You reply with 'you've never seen me before so you don't know' and now you won't let me see you. What are you afraid of?'

No, not like this. We will not end because of this.

With a leap of bold faith, I clicked the 'video call' icon. Mitsuki answered immediately answer. 

My face cam was on, he knew what I looked like. He knew how torn I was. The color of my walls and the shirt I was wearing. The color of my hair and the bags underneath my eyes. 

"Happy?" I said.

"Wow, you really are prettier than I imagined." Mitsuki said.

I glared at him, "really? That's the first thing you say?"

"What do you want me to say?" He replied.

"That you don't want to meet me. Not in real life anyway." I answered, looking away from the camera.