Edward X Reader (Full Metal Alchemist) {Together Again}

Hey guys! It's 12:22 AM! Yes I'm almost half  a sleep but I have music playing, open house for my school is tomorrow!! I'm so nervous (⊙﹏⊙) anyway LET'S GET STARTED!!!

Edit February 3, 2021: Thanks to the wonderful 'search' tool on my laptop, there shouldn't be any pronouns or indications of gender. If there is please let me know so that I can correct it.

"I hate you! You damn midget!" I yelled at Edward.

"Same goes for me! Fucking giant!" Edward shouted back.

I wasn't an alchemist like Edward and the others, I'm a sniper. So we would always fight but it was never over that. I'm really good about holding grudges.

"Whatever Edward!" I shouted, "move so I can get to work!"

He glared at me, and moved. I walked passed him with a smirk on my face.

I walked into Colonel Roy Mustang's office, ready to get this mission over with.

"Will you ever knock?" He said, sitting at his desk.

"Will you ever ask Hawkeye out?" I snapped back at him.

"Full Metal really got to you to day huh?" Roy replied, a smirk was on his face.

"Whatever," I huffed, "just tell me my job already!"

"He really did work you up the wall," Roy murdered, "you are going to travel with Full Metal, in other words you will be his bodyguard. You lived a little ways away from where Full Metal and Al lived, right?"

I nodded my head, "yeah that's right, but why does that matter?"

"No reason, just take Full Metal and Al there safely and then go see your family."

I nodded my head, "yes sir." I walked out of his office, and saw Edward against the wall opposite of the door.

"You ready?" Edward asked.

"Yeah let's go." I said softly.

We walked to the train station, were Alphonse was waiting for us. "Hey (y/n)!" He said, pulling me in for a hug

"Hey Al." I said softly, hugging him back.

We were like this for a few minutes, until I let go.

We walk to our train in silence, I was walking behind Ed and Al. The last place I ever wanted to see again was "home". My "home" was taken away when I was thirteen, three years ago. I know it's not that long ago but I haven't been back since then.

When we got on the train, Ed and I sat on one side and Al sat across from us.

"Have you guys been back since, ya know?" I asked.

"We've been back a few times, just never over there." Ed replied, staring out the window as the train begins to move. Al nodded his head.

"Does that mean you haven't been back in three years?" Al asked me, I nodded my head, and looked at the floor.

"Why haven't you been back? You have to face it sometime ya know." Edward said, still looking out the window.

"Yeah I know, but what am I suppose to do? Just look at it and forget it?" I said, "it's not like you've moved on either."

"Whatever. We'll talk about this later." He said.

"What are you guys talking about?" Al asked.

"It's nothing Al, just go to sleep." Edward replied, dodging the question.

A few hours later Al did fall asleep, "who told you about that?" Edward ask, looking at me, but I didn't look at him.

"Winry called me and told me, I can't believe you Ed." I replied.

"At least I've been back, I did it when I first go it." He shot back.

"Do you really want to fight me!?" I said calmly.

"We can't fight when Al is asleep!" He said back calmly, kind of.

I looked at him, "at least you're kind of a good older brother." I smiled a little, hoping that he couldn't tell.

"Well yeah, he's all I have left," he looked me in the eye, "besides you of course."

I punched him in the arm, "the hell you talking about Edward, we are enemies ya know!"

"Yeah I know, but we were friends you know." He said, "you punch hard."

I rolled my eyes and looked at the floor, "things were simpler back then, Al had his body and you had all of your limbs."

"I-I know, but you have to face this demon sooner or later." Ed said.

"Did you tell Colonel about what happened?" I asked.

"Nope," He answered, "all he knows is that we were friends and now we hate each other."

"Thank you." I said.

Ed put his arm around my shoulder, and pulled me closer to him, "yeah," he blushed.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Well Al is asleep, and I was hoping that things could go back to the way it use to be." He said.

"Sure, just make my brother not kill my parents and your Mother and my parents come back to life and then everything will be fine." I said sarcastically.

"Look at me," Ed said, sounds like he's getting pissed.

"Why should I!?" I replied.

He took his hand and grabbed my chin, making me look at him. "Look me in the eye and tell me that you can bring my Father back and that you will forgive your brother. If you can do that I'll leave you alone forever."

"I can bring you Father back," I started off with confidence, but I stopped after that.

"Go on, say it." Ed pushed.

"You know I can't!" I said and glared at him, "what if Al killed your Mother!? Could you ever forgive him!?"

"Al wouldn't-"

"What if he did Ed!?" I cut him off.

Ed didn't say anything, he just hugged me.

After a few seconds, "see you can't get rid of me that easily." Ed said and I smiled.

"Who said I ever want to get rid of you? It sounds like you want me to leave you." I said.

"I never want you to leave. I'll make sure you never do." He said.

"That's creepy Ed!" I said, trying to pulling out of the hug.

"Sorry, I just don't want to lose you." He hugged me tighter.

I hugged him back, "I know. I won't leave unless I have too."

The moonlight landed on us, like it was saying 'oh my god! Look sky! It's my otp!'

That was weird sorry!

We pulled away, and I put my head on his shoulder. Ed was holding my hand, and leaned his head on the window.

Yay! That's done! This was a request! It's now 4:50 pm so I did sleep! Okay three more requests to go!

~Dragneel out