Rin Okumura X Fem! Reader (Blue Exorcist) {Roommates To Lovers}

And they were roommates.

This is my redemption arc since the only other Rin one shot on this book is shit.

WARNING: SLIGHT SEASON TWO SPOILERS (I think idk I'm reading the manga but I'm pretty sure it takes place during the Kyoto arc but it's nothing super major)

"So wait you want me to be your roommate while Yukio is gone?" (Y/n) questions with a confused look.

Rin returns the look, "yeah? That's what I just said."

"And you didn't ask Bon or someone else?"

"Ask Bon?!" He laughs, "why? So the whole building will burn down?!"

"I dunno know! Literally anyone else! Does Shura know about this?"

Rin scratches his head, "it was her idea... something about how you're the strongest in our class..."

With another sigh, "fine. How long?" She gives in, thinking it'll be a week to a month at the most.

"A year." He says, "but you can't take it back now!"

A part of (Y/n) wanted to slam the door in his face. Why didn't I ask how long before agreeing, she thinks. But alas what's done is done. At least Rin cooks snacks for them to eat.

Clearly they didn't stay in the same room in the building. And while this would never happen anywhere else at the academy, the higher ups had no choice but to accept Shura's proposal. She was a very persuading woman after all.

So (Y/n) was staying in the room across from Rin and Yukio's.

"Sorry." Yukio's bows when (Y/n) and Rin arrived.

"Don't apologize." (Y/n) puts a hand on his shoulder, "and don't worry. I'll keep an eye on him. If he does anything stupid I'll knock him out cold."

"You'll be doing that a lot then." He chuckles in reply, standing up straight.

"I heard that!" Rin yelled from inside the building.

Yukio shows (Y/n) around the building. "It's old but everything still works."

"Um won't people find it weird that I'm staying in the boys dorm?" She asks.

He thinks for a moment, as if everyone had forgotten about that. "Well.... as long as no one sees you living here it should be fine." He shrugs and continues with the tour. "This is our room," he walks over to the room beside it. "And this room is where Rin likes to cook."

She blinks, "cook."

"Cook." He confirms, "but it's only a rice cooker and a hot plate. With multiple fire extinguishers." Then he walks to the other side, the room directly across from their room. "And here is where you'll be staying. I'll let you get settled in before we can all go grab dinner."

"Thanks." She says and walks in, closing the door behind her. She sits on the bed and looks the floor. While being a room so close to Rin isn't a concern, someone finding out she now lives here is. It's only for a year, she tells herself.

After they ate and said "goodnight" Yukio and Rin were still up. "So are you going to be okay with (Y/n) here?" Yukio asks, turning off his desk lamp and takes off his glasses.

"Yeah," Rin looks up from he manga he's reading. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because you like her." The younger brother replies.

Rin looks away, "I did. I don't anymore."

"Uh huh."

"It's true!"