Sting X Outgoing! Reader (Fairy Tail) [High school AU] {"The Routine"}

Soooooooo once again my school had a pep rally and this idea pooped into my head after the students hosting the pep rally made fun of a kid. Fuck this school, I feel bad for the kid. I'm going to change up what happened at my pep rally so it's easier to understand.

Edit: February 3, 2021: For real though this is super duper close to 2k words, it's in 3rd POV and yet there is no gender for the reader. I don't think I'm wrong about this one but if I am, please let me know so that I can make corrections.

"What's going on Sabertooth high!" The student host said into a microphone. Only the students in the middle part of the larger bleachers cheered. Then again, only the people in the first few rows cheered. 

"Seriously how are we even in the same year as they?" Sting sighed, "he still acts like a first year."

"Everyone in our year does Sting." (Y/n) replied, "at least we got the top corner this year."

"Yeah, this is going to be a very boring twenty minutes. What's the point of having a pep rally's anyway!"

"Because everyone has to be included. Besides this is a way for them to make a big deal about tonights basketball game."

"Yeah I know all of that!" Sting shouts over the now loud music playing. "But why is the dance team preforming? Do they even go on competitions like marching band does?"

"I don't think so! They would have said something on the announcement of they did!"

"Thank you dance team!" The host said, "what a wonderful performance!"

"Yeah that's one word for it."  (Y/n) scoffed, "why can't we decided wether we should go or not? Exams are next week for fucks sake."

"Like you said, this is just to get people 'hyped' for the big basketball game tonight."

"Next up we will have the senior basketball players come up and play 'musical chairs'!"

"Really?" They both said.

"So someone from the crowd will throw an item onto the court. Each player will have to pick up the item and then return to a chair. Of course one chair will be taken away at a time until we have a winner. Ready...." The host paused to make it more dramatic, "go!"

A few people in the crowd threw down the same pair of shoes.

"We'll they don't call us 'reject Fairy High' for nothing." Sting groaned, "funny how all the shoes were all black. Not even our school's co-"

"And we have our winners! Let's start the next round!"

"How much longer is this going to take?" "Yeah for real." "The pep rally's are always so lame!"

A few people sitting around Sting and (Y/n) start complaining. "What do they expect? Pep rallies are always a bore." Sting sighed, "you and I could put on a better show than this."

"Hell yeah we could." The couple high fived.

Turns out the next item was a water bottle. A plastic water bottle filled with water. "Well this'll be good." (Y/n) said.

"You just know one of the bottles is going to bust open." Sting replied, "three, two, one..."

The water bottles were tossed from the audience. And sure enough one of the busted open and spilled water all over the court. Still the basketball players raced to pick them up, a few falling over in the process. In the end, they finished the game and the basketball mangers brought out a mop and paper towels to clean up the mess.