Kotaro Bokuto X Athletic! Fem! Reader (Haikyuu!!) {Permanent Hug}

Wrote a one shot based off this song, "Permeant Hug From You" by Dodie already but shut up.

This is going to be set in Japan, please keep that in mind.

In some relationships there is a tradition of some sort. From greeting each other to saying goodbye, or eating at a certain restaurant for their anniversary. Could be anything really. Bokuto and (Y/n)'s tradition, however, started before their romantic relationship began. They were childhood friends after all, only being one door to the left away from each other. They've seen all the good and bad that comes with growing up.

Both of them were sports players and both began to play at a young age. Trying out every new sport they saw on television they could. The two ran their parents crazy when the first time they saw the Summer Olympics. All parents kept the Winter Olympics a secret from this dynamic duo, including the neighbors.

Their first spot they tried was swimming one hot summer day. A few kids from their primary school had talked about it during their free time. So they all made plans to meet up over summer break to hang out. It quickly turned into a competition to see who could swim faster. Obliviously (Y/n) and Bokuto were the slowest. At the end of that summer they decided just to swim for fun. During that summer they also tennis and basketball. Those sports also joined the list of 'just for fun.'

That is until they saw the Summer Olympics. Beach volleyball one was during dinner time, this was the only time the television would be on. They were at Bokuto's house, (Y/n)'s parents had to work late that night. The moment Bokuto saw the player spike the ball over the net, he was hooked.

"Did you see that!" He exclaimed and pointed at the screen. "That was so cool!"

"Stop yelling." His mother replied in a calm tone until she saw (Y/n)'s eye sparkle.

"Show it again!" She cheered, both kids were now bouncing up and down in their chairs.

Both of his sisters left the table with scowl on their face. Hoping their younger brother will quickly grow out of this phase. Along with his friend who seemed to only add fuel to the fire. This wish never came true. Something they quickly found out when Bokuto and (Y/n) entered middle school.

----

They were second years now and Bokuto's match ran late. (Y/n) had her's before and stayed after to watch him play. Also wanted to walk home with him since it was now night time. A bitter cold winters night.

"Why can't we play earlier or something." She shivers, "it's not like players can focus on school when we have a match."

"Maybe you should wear something other than your school uniform then." He laughs being all warm in his coat.

"Shut up." She huffs, rubbing her hands over her arms. Breathing out into her hands for some quick warmth.

Bokuto changes the subject,  "did you see me hit that spike?!"

"Which time?" She says, her fingers now feeling like they would fall off. They wouldn't though, it wasn't that cold.

This only stroked his ego more. "All of them were cool, huh? Bet the audience couldn't keep their eyes off of me." (Y/n) listens has he continues to praise himself and his teammates. How they managed to keep up with his personality on the court, she can't exactly figure it out.

Her teeth began to chatter and she was shivering even more. Bokuto takes off his coat and hands it to her, "don't give me that look. You're acting like your about to freeze to death so wear it."