Kousei X Reader (Your Lie In April) {Missing Her}

I'm just sitting alone at lunch listening a song on a 1 hour loop. Today we had a pep rally and this idea came into my head.

Edit February 3, 2021: Please skip this one, it's not very good. But since I know some of you are going to read it anyway, this one shot shouldn't have a gender for the reader. Let me know if I'm wrong so that I can correct it. Thank you!

This year the school would finally call out the seniors in band. Kousei was apart off the band after I begged him to join for years.

They went to a competition and won first place. I barely made it thanks to my volley ball match. Still we both won and went to nationals. My team lost but Kousei won.

I took him out to dinner to celebrate.

"Shouldn't you been upset right now?" He asked as we walked to the sandwich shop. It was the best place to get something some what cheep that is not roman noodles. The only down side is that it's not very close to where we live. "At least let me pay for my food."

I shook my head and looked at him as if he had grown four heads. "Then this wouldn't be me taking you out to celebrate!" I exclaimed, smiling at him.

He now had a very soft smile on his face, "thank you but isn't this all the money you have? How are you gonna get back home?"

Shit, I did not think this through. "I'll walk or run. I play volleyball after all. I have to stay in shape some how!"

Kousei frowned, "still it'll be dark out by then."

"That means it won't be as hot out." I replied.

"Then let me pay for the ride back home. Wasn't you match right before my competition? You'll fall asleep in the middle of the street."

I scoffed dramatic, letting him know that I was playing. "I would not!"

He played along, "(y/n) I know how much you love sleeping. Who wakes you up half the time?"

"You." I mumbled in defeat. "You're not gonna give this up are you?"

"Not any time soon." He replied.

"Fine you can pay for the train and I'll get the food. Besides we won't have practice for a few days. I'll pick up an extra shift at work." 

He smiled, "you never stop, huh."

We entered the shop and were greeted by the shop keeper and her husband.

----

That night when we were on the train, I ended up falling asleep. Using the cold glass window as my pillow. Kousei decided to stay up and wait for our stop. The next day, I found him practicing a new piece. 

"This? I wrote it when you fell asleep on the train yesterday. What do you think?"

The band seniors were sitting in the bleachers while the sports teams were being called up to say something. For their fair well to the school and advice to underclassmen. As well as their experience at the school.

The principal spoke before we started. "Can we have a moment of silence for Kaori Miyazono who couldn't make it here. She passed away an is now in a better place."

Kousei looked at me. He shook his head while the room fell silent for a minute. His face expression changed in a matter of seconds.

He was still thinking about Kaori almost every day. At least he didn't give up on music.

"It's been getting me through it all. I promise that you won't have to look after me for long. Besides I have Tsubaki to get me up in the mornings. She'll do it even if I don't want her to." He would say to me. 

Still, we are at a pep rally that doesn't seem very happy at the moment. My eyes remained on Kousei, making sure that he would be okay. Of course things are never that simple. Towards the end, his face turned into pure panic. Something I hated to see. He was stronger than this before Kaori ever entered his life.

After the moment of silence was over, Kousei run out of the gym through the back door. With me following him. My coach screamed at me as well as my teammates. I never stopped running.

----

I found him at the park where they first met. He looked up at the sky, watching the birds fly away. It was around nine in the morning. Retired ladies were walking around and talking while uni students were studying  on the peaceful morning. 

The only thing not being peaceful was Kousei and I. 

"She's gone. She's really gone." He mumbled.

I stepped closer before holding his arm out to stop me. "Don't. Just don't. You'll disappear too."

"Sorry Kousei," I whispered. I was walking towards him, "you know that I'm not never good at following orders from other people."

He whipped around, facing me. Tears filled eyes eyes, "why? Why did they have to leave?" 

I shook my head, lips turning into a frown. "That's life Kousei."

"Really? 'That's life'? Then why is life so awful!" He shouted, earring some looks from the people around us. "I need a reason! A real reason!

"What more do you need! That's how things are! Everything will not be okay when a person is taken to the hospital! Everyone's health will go down after awhile! It's life Kousei wether you like it or not!" I shouted back.

Tears started falling from his face. I pulled him into a hug so he could cry on my shoulder. "Not a fan of the tuff love?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood.

He chuckled, "not really but it's what I needed. You will always be my reality check."

"And you will be the reason as to why we ditch school for the rest of the day." I replied.

We stood there for awhile until he let go, rubbing the tears from his face onto his shirt. "Thank you, (y/n)." He said.

"Any time! Besides I didn't want to get my name called out and everyone cheer for me anyway."

 He gave me a soft smile, "of course not. You want me to treat you to lunch and then walk around town, right?" 

I nodded, "yeah that'll be great!"

He smiled as we started walking towards the train station. Heading over to our form groups favorite hang out spot.

Okay so not what I had planned but hey this idea came to me during lunch. Not a lot of time to write a one shot and eat, you know? Anyway, I'm up to 11 hours on Kingdom Hearts III. Thank you all so much for waiting!

LOVE YOU GUYS