Pro Hero!Kaminari Denki x Pro Hero!Reader (My Hero Academia) [Soulmate AU]

(Edit February 3, 2021: This one shot is gender and pronouns free for the reader. If while you are reading you see something that proves this statement wrong lmk and I'll make it true)

This is a request!

In this AU, your soulmate has the same quirk you do. To make this easier on me and you, the reader will have the same quirk as Kaminari

(In case anyone doesn't know, (L/n) = last name)

"Happy birthday to you~" The class sang to Kaminari and I. The teacher smiled at us, "today you are both four years old. And you guys knows what that means..." The class cheered, "quirks!" A few of our classmates already developed theirs. One of the guys was holding up a 'happy birthday (L/n) and Kaminari!' banner with their quirk. Meaning, without using their hands, it was floating.

"Ready to try it out?" Our teacher asked. The other teachers that teach our year peaking into the classroom. Kaminari looked at me and smiled. I smiled back, we turn to our teacher and nod. We both use our quirks.

The class cheered, "they're soulmates!" The teacher clapped their hands, "wow! You both have the same birthday and you're soulmates!" The teachers looking in smiled at us before returning to their own classrooms.

"Lucky!" My friend, Tatsu, shouted as we raced to the playground. "You already found your soulmate! Man!" She always talks about how much she wants to meet her soulmate. I swear she watches too many Disney movies. 

Kaminari was standing at the jungle gym, where Tatsu and I hang out with our other friends. "Hey (L/n)!" He waved, an innocent four year old blush on his face. I was blushing as well, finding our soulmate at a very young age does that to you.

Kaminari was already part of our friends group, sort  of. He mostly hanged out with the other boys in our class but would play tag with my friends from time to time. Today was just one of those days. 

"Okay guys!" Tatsu shouts to the group of four year olds, there was about ten of us in all. "Today we are gonna do something different! We're gonna play hide and go seek!" Everyone agrees to play, "alright then let's decide who is going to seek!" We then make a circle with our feet and play, "bubble gum bubble gum in a dish, how many pieces do you wish?" Tatsu ended up being the seeker. 

"Count to twenty!" I shouted and Tatsu turns around so she can't cheat and starts counting. "One! Two! Three! Four!"

Kaminari and I share a look, he takes off running and I follow him. We run passed the swing set and over to where they teachers were sitting at. There was a trash can and a recycle bin side by side where they are sitting at. We were both small enough that we hid behind them, folding our knees to our chests. 

One by one our classmates were found. The ones who were found teamed up with Tatsu to speed with round up. They found everyone but us after awhile. Even the teachers wouldn't give up our amazing hiding spot. Kaminari and I were smiling at each other the whole time. 

"Alright!" Tatsu yelled, "(Y/n) and Kaminari we give up! You can come out now!" She really didn't have to yell, in fact we were right behind her. We jumped up giggling, her face turned into pure shock. "Oh! I never thought to cheek behind there!"

To this very day, Kaminari and I tell this story as the day we became friends. We were never able to pin point when we first met or when we acquaintances. We both agreed to start dating later on in life rather than start dating as four year olds. Pretty smart and grown up decision if you ask me.

----