Kuroo Testurou X Neutral! Reader (Haikyuu!!) {Bookstore}

In which they meet at a bookstore at 1 am. Or, I made a comment "meeting at bookstore at one am? Yeah that sounds like a fanfic-"

The glorious years of university, getting young adults into debt the moment they leave their parents. Studying until they fall asleep at their desk or at the library. Others use coffee, tea or energy drinks to stay away, sometime for days at a time. This is no different for Kuroo Testurou, a chemistry student studying at the second highest rank school in Tokyo.

The man lives off three hours of sleep, two cups of coffee in the morning, multiple energy drinks during the day, one last cup of coffee in the evening and uses tea to help him whenever he gets the chance. That is usually in the early hours of the morning.

Tonight however our hero has taken root in a local bookstore. There was a small café section for university students to buy a caffeine drink and study. It was a little odd, being open for twenty four hours a day. Only being closed on Friday and Saturday nights, all day on Sunday's.

Which brings Kuroo to a cold Tuesday night, the worker had already gotten to know him well over the past month he had been coming. With a cup of coffee already placed next to him, he finally finishes his second to last assignment. Contemplating wether or not he should just sleep or complete the last one, he looks up to stretch in his chair. When he notices it's not just him and the worker tonight.

The café only had two tables, Kuroo sat in the farthest left corner closest to the counter where costumers order their drinks. The other person was sitting closest to the door, staying far away from anyone else. A drink was at their table meaning they had to order at some point. Kuroo knows no one was there when he arrived. He shrugs and decides to sleep for the night. Ordering a tea to-go, he makes eye contract with the person as he reaches for the door. Giving them a friendly nod, he disappears into the early morning.

----

A week has pasted; Kuroo noticed the person had been coming at the around the time he normal does. They have been exchanging friendly smiles and eye contact during this time. No words have been spoke between them. The worker running the café laughs to himself about this, knowing all about how outgoing Kuroo can be.

The person walks into the store as he was ordering his last cup of coffee. He turned around to see them standing a little bit away from him, examining the menu. It would be awkward to not say anything, he justified to say something to them. "Their cold brews are good here too." He says with a small smile, earning a nod for a reply.

Kuroo made his way back to the usual table he sits at, immediately getting sucked into his textbook. He didn't even notice them taking his advice and ordering a cold brew. It was a little bit chilly outside that early morning but it wasn't a bad choice. They too get busy working on a paper due in two days, using the coffee to keep them alert.

When Kuroo finishes up his work, so does the mysterious person. They both exit the bookstore together, the person making small conversation as they walk. "So," they start, "your a university student right?"

"Yeah," Kuroo chuckles, "was it the coffee or the textbooks that gave it away?"

"The coffee for sure." They smile, "I'm (Full Name), nice to meet you." They hold out their hand for him to shake.

 "Kuroo Testurou, it's nice to meet you too." He says while shaking their hand. "What are you studying?"

"I'm at (dream job) student at the university here. How about you?" (Y/n) replies.