Killua X Reader (Hunter X Hunter) {Bored At The Train Station}

Did I make this title longer because I may use a similar idea in the future that I don't know about yet? Yes. If this a request? Also yes.

Edit February 3, 2021: This is yet another one shot where I didn't use pronouns and the reader doesn't have a gender. Please lmk if you read anything that proves me wrong and I will correct my mistakes.

Chewing on the eraser of my pencil, I stared down at my homework. "Kil why are you so lucky," I complained, "you never had to do homework."

"I had to kill people, (Y/n)." He replied, doing a trick with his yo-yo. "Besides you're the one who wanted to learn how to read and write."

"Well duh! I'm a hunter now, I have to know how." I exclaimed. School was a luxury where I used to live. Reading and writing was never taught to me. I had to learn how to defend myself though my family protects me. They always wanted a better life for me and taught me how to fight without killing people.

"Yeah I guess that's true. But did you have to take an online course? Gon and I could have taught you." He said, taking a sip of his soda. 

We have been stuck in the middle of no where trying to meet up with Gon in Yorknew City. Why wasn't Gon with us? Well the textbooks I had to have were cheaper in another town, just a few train stops away from the city. So Killua and I went to pick them up and were going to meet up with Gon the following week.

"Really? You guys are off on adventures. You don't have time to teach me. Besides I already bought the textbooks." I chuckled, "it's hard to learn how to read and write when you are too busy making sure your boyfriend and best friend aren't getting themselves killed. You know?"

He pouted and leaned his head on my shoulder, "I can still help you know..."

I smiled at him and ruffled his hair with my free hand. "Thank you, I may have to take you up on the offer."

"Do you know what any words look like?"

"I know numbers and a few foods. Sometimes I would watch the owner of the fields write the words to the crops we picked." I said, "that's why I can kind of order food."

"Oh, that's why you hate ordering take out?"

I nodded, "yeah. Thanks to you and Gon I don't seem like an idiot. But I hate that you have to read to me what's on the menu."

Killua nuzzles his head into my shoulder, his forehead resting on it. "I'm sorry, I didn't know. And we've known each other for a while now..."

"Hey it's not your fault, I didn't tell you. Besides it's not like I run around telling everyone." I smiled, tilting his head up and kissed his cheek.

He blushed and returned his head to where is was. "I wish this train would hurry up and get here...."

"Yeah me too." I replied, turning back to my textbook.

A few hours goes by, Killua has done a few tricks with his yo-yos. "I'm so bored." He said, flopping in the seat next to where I was sitting.

"Yeah me too."

We looked around, no one was really here. "Jeez, I thought there would be more people here."

"Maybe they gave up and went to another train station?" I suggested, "I mean if they weren't going to Yorknew City, I don't see why they wouldn't."

Killua groans, "where is this stupid train anyway! Why can't we just take an airship!"

"Because they aren't aloud to fly. It looks like the sky is about to drop any second now." I replied, "don't worry I'm sure the train will be here soon."

He smirked, "which the sky drop just because you said that..."

And it did, rain came pouring down like someone opened a flood gate. "Ha! I knew it would happen!" He grinned, "now what do we do? Oh! Have you finished studying yet?"

"Almost but I could use a break. Why?" Killua had the devilish look on his face. "What are you planning?"

"You'll see, just back up all your stuff." He said, "this is gonna be fun."

----

"Killua!  You're gonna fall!" I shouted. 

"So!"

"You'll get hurt!"

"It's not a big deal (Y/n)!"

What did we end up doing you ask? Well we decided to go running around in the rain. They were a small set of lockers inside the train station. So we put but all my textbooks in on of them so they wouldn't get ruined. 

Killua had the idea of running to the closes town to get some food and hang out. We did ask the person selling the train tickets when the train would arrive. The worker told us in about three hours. The run alone was only thirty minutes, we had plenty of time.

"But if you fall I'll beat you there!" I shouted, speeding up slowly.

He looked back to see me hot on his trail and smirked. We reached the small town, clothes soaking wet. Not that we really cared, the people living here probably thought that were were just stupid teenagers. 

 We stopped by the local stores and grabbed our favorite food before walking back to the train station.

"Okay, maybe the train not leaving was a good thing after all." Killua said, taking out a piece of chocolate he got a candy store. They made their own candy completely from scratch. We spent most of our money on that...

"Yeah I guess it did work." I replied, smiling at him.

This nice memory was cut short. The sound of a train whistle caused us to look at each other. Both of us had the same thought without saying it. Run like the wind.

We booked it back to the train station just as the train was leaving. "Go get your textbooks!" Killua shouted, running after the train.

There was no way to stop him, I did what he said. Grabbing the key out of the employees hand from before, I quickly shoved everything into my arms. Slamming the locker closed, tossing the key back, I run after Killua.

"(Y/n)!" He shouted from the last train car. He held out his hand, I ran as fast as I could. It seemed like I wouldn't be able to make it.

Holding out my arm, I picked up my speed. "Come on! You can do it!" Killua shouts, his arm extended. The train started speeding up again. I jumped, he grabbed my arm, pulling me up.

"Holy cow...." I mumbled, "let's never do that again."

He smiled and kissed my cheek, "look on the bright side, we can finally go to sleep."

I smiled and we entered the car, taking the first seat available. "Wake me up when we get there..." I mumbled after setting all my textbooks down. My head was resting on his shoulder.

"Will do, love." He whispered, kissing the top of my head.

Soooooooo that was..... Interesting. Didn't know what to do for this and I'm sorry it took so long. I ended up writing most of this in school, sorry if there are any mistakes.

Also new cover for this book.

LOVE GUYS