Laxus X Chubby! Fem!Reader (Fairy Tail) [Soulmate AU] {Seeing Color}

I feel like I'm going to have fun with this. I LOVE reading soulmate AU soooooo much. I'm so happy someone requested for one! This is a request!

Quick explanation about this AU: the only color you see is the color of your soulmates eyes. Once you lock eyes with your soulmate, everything becomes normal.

Example: Adrien and Marinette are soulmates. Adrien has green eyes, the only color Marinette sees is green. Marinette has blue eyes, the only color Adrien sees is blue. Once they locked eyes with one another, everything became normal again.

I hope that all makes sense, please ask if you have any questions and I will try to explain it another way.

There was a knock on my door, "(Y/n)! Come on out! I know you're in there!" Mirajane shouts, "you're coming to the party wether you like it or not!"

Sighing, I move to open the door to find a now smiling and cheerful Mirajane. "You can't make me go against my will. Unless you knock me out of course but Gramps has forbidden you to do so."

She glares at me, "then I will drag you by your ears (l/n). You will come to this part."

I put up my hands in defense, "okay okay but don't expect me to say anything. Most of the guild members don't even know my name you know. I doubt that any of them will want to talk to me."

"Well maybe if you spent more time in the guild and not on job, then maybe someone else would know you!" She yells and drags me out the door. "Come on! I won't leave your side until we leave, promise."

"Hard day?" I asked her after a few minutes have passed.

"Ever since Laxus came back, many people have been complaining and guess who they complain too." Mirajane explains, "if they just gave him another chance then they would see that he's a good person. You just have to look passes his icy front."

"Well at least he can see color, right? Why else would he come back. His soulmate must live here or near by." I sighed, walking along the stone path to the guild.

"He said that everything is still (e/c) and I'm guess that everything is still yellow for you?" Mari asks, smiling.

"Yep it's kind of boring now. It was cool when I was a kid but now...." I trailed off, "whatever let's just get this over with."

"Maybe you should talk to Laxus. After all you two are never in the guild. My poor sweet (Y/n) and Laxus never make friends because they are always out on missions alone." She sighed, causing me to playfully punch her in the arm.

"Shut up." I said with a stone cold voice, but my face had a smile placed on my lips. Mira knew I was kidding thanks to that smile.

----

Once Mira and I arrived at the party, she was true to her word and never left me the entire night. Many guild members met me through Mira and were really nice to me. Even though I'm never around. Natsu and Erza, long time guild members, were the only two I knew at the guild. Other than Gramps, Mira and Laxus of course. It was good to see my two other friends after not speaking for a long time.

"Well Natsu and I better head back to the others, it was nice catching up with you." Erza said to me with a smile on her face.

"You should come on a job with us on day! It would be so much fun and you can meet the others!" Natsu smiled as well and waved, "just think about it."

"I will, Natsu. See you guys later." I waved back.

Mira smiled over at me. Boy to guild parties make people smile or what. "See I knew you have other friends."

"Well duh everyone is friends with Nastu and Erza is an old friend of mine." I replied, taking a sip of my drink.

"Still I'm happy that you seem to be enjoying yourself." Laxus started walking towards Mira and I.  "Oh here comes Laxus. You should try talking to him."

"Pfft yeah right." I replied and shut my mouth fast when Laxus was within listing distance of us.

"Uh hey Mira." He greeted in a cold voice, but he was trying to be nice. Maybe he just wasn't right for the nice part of the play. If that even makes sense.

"Hey Laxus! Whatcha need?" She greeted and gestured to the supply of drinks and food.

"Oh uh nothing, I'm good thanks. Just I don't really know anyone here but you so..."

Laxus then faces me and we lock eyes for a short second. I blink and everything around me has changed. Everything was no longer yellow, it was so cool!

"What just happened?" I mumbled and Laxus was in the same state of mind I was in.

Mira knew exactly what was happening and started freaking out. "You guys are soulmates!" She yells, making some near by guild members to turn their heads. "This is huge! I've got to tell everyone!" She then proceeded to run all around the guild, letting everyone know that we are soulmates.

"So uh, do you want to go get to know each other or something?" I said with a chuckle to Laxus.

"Yeah that sounds like a wonderful idea. We should hurry out of here before everyone starts asking questions..." He trails off.

We some how made our way out of the guild party and to a small park bench. It was a summer knight with clear skies and a full moon to light up the space around us. 

Laxus and I stared off with a lot of ice breaker questions. Like 'what's your favorite color?' and 'cats or dogs?' and so on so forth. 

After two hours of talking non stop, he asked me out on a date. "I know that we are soulmates and all but, would you like to go out on a date tomorrow night?"

I nodded my head, "yes I would love too."

Needless to say, Mira fainted once she found out Laxus and I were going out on a date.

M'kay so hi. It's been awhile since I have written anything. I uh didn't know what questions to ask since this is an x reader, I can make up responses to the questions with this becoming super boring. I like to keep things at a normal boring level.

Anyway this was a lot of fun and I hope you guys liked it!

LOVE YOU GUYS