Inojin X Reader (Boruto: Naruto Next Generations) {Stubborn Artist}

By the way, I have been reading the Boruto manga and not watching the anime. So if anyone seems different that may be the reason why. This is a request!

Edit February 3, 2021: This reader doesn't have any pronouns or gender. If you see anything that reads otherwise please let me know and I will correct it.

"Good morning!" I greeted the my team who looks rather sluggish today.

"Morning." Inojin mumbles back.

"Good morning." Shikadai yawned.

Chō-Chō waved, noting wanting to be rude. She was eating a bag of chips and didn't want to talk while she was eating.

"Is Sensei not here yet?" I asked, taking a seat next to Inojin and smiling at him. 

He returns the smile, "haven't seen her yet. Maybe she's not coming."

"We already know the mission so we could just-" Shikadai was cut off by Moegi Sensei walking in with a smile on her face.

"Good morning!" She greeted, "sorry I'm late!"

We all mumbled "good morning" back to her and she pulls out the ninja scoll that had out mission information on it.

"Looks like we need to scary some wild animals back to the forest. That should be easier than out last mission. You guys are already scary enough." Sensei laughs.

"Why thank you." I said with a small amount of sarcasm  in my voice, "really thank you so much for the compliment. I needed that today."

"You are so welcome." Sensei said with more sarcasm but with a smile on her face.

This type of thing happens from time to with Team 10. Never a dull moment with us.

"So where are we going to be at this time?" Chō-Chō asked before popping a few more chips into her mouth.

"Hope none of you ate too much for breakfast, today will be full of jumping and running around. Our mission will be on the outskirts of the village where a few people live at." Sensei answered, "ready to head out?"

We all stood up and Chō-Chō finished her bag of chips, "ready when you are." She ready with Shikadai and I nodding. Inojin gave Sensei a weak smile and started to fall over when he stood up. I caught him by his arm and held him up.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah," he replied, "just stood up too fast. Come on let's get going." He smiled at the rest of the team not wanting to worry us. He knew I was onto him, something wasn't right with him.

----

As we processed towards our mission location, jumping from tree to tree, Inojin seemed to be much slower. Sure we weren't the best team but we weren't the worst. If he is falling behind, then something has to be wrong.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I questioned him, "you can go home if you want."

He shook his head, not even looking at me. "I told you, I'm fine. Just spent too much time painting last night. That's all. Don't worry about me." He begin to move quicker, wanting to escape the conversation. All I could do was keep my mouth shut, not wanting to make him mad.

 Once we were close to the mission location, Inojin started to slow down fast. Like all of his energy was just taken away. As he was jumping to the next tree, he began to fall. Missing that jump from this height would kill him or leave him unable to walk ever again. "Inojin!" Shouted Moegi Sensei, stopping in her tracks along with our other team members.