Freed X Quiet! Reader (Fairy Tail) {Cooking Contest}

This is a request but I have free range! Lowkey was stumped on this one cause, like, my creative energy tank is completely empty. So I took an extra scene from a one shot that was already long enough and slapped it onto this one. First idea for this was way to shitty~

Edit February 3, 2021: Not 100% sure that this one shot is pronouns free so please let me know if I'm wrong so that I can correct my mistakes.

"(Y/n)!" Mirajane bursts through the front of the guild. She sees her friend over at the bar drinking water. "Check it out!" She slaps down a flyer on the bar.

'COOKING CONTEST
This Saturday at 13 hours!
Held at South Gate Park?
Register with your partner at...'

"So?" (Y/n) replies with an unenthusiastic face. "What about it?"

"Don't you wanna enter?" She replies her eyes sparking full of hope.

"Not really, besides you need a partner to enter..."

Mirajane sighs, "well too bad." (Y/n) looks up with a puzzled expression. "I already signed us up."

"You what?!" The mage stands up, but quickly notices the attention from the other members and sits back down.

"Come on (Y/n)! It'll be fun!" She smiles, "plus it'll be good for the guild."

"There's no backing out, is there?"

"Nope!" She smiles widely.

"Not even if I get down on my knees and beg?"

"Not even if you leave the guild~"

The poor mage, who just wanted some piece and quiet for once, sighs. "Fine, I have no choice anyway..."

Mirajane beams and puts a hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder. "Don't worry, you're gonna have so much fun!"

----

The day of the contest had arrived, but Mirajane was nowhere in sight. With the contest about to begin, (Y/n) started getting really nervous. You had to have someone else with you as a partner to enter. There was only one other team competing, they were the best chefs in all of Magnolia.

Little did (Y/n) know, there was something else happening behind the scenes. Mirajane went on a mission with Erza three days prior to this event. They were asked by their guilds master to help a town far away deal with a plague. 

Mirajane knew she would make it back in time, but she asked Laxus to as Freed if he would take her place just in case she didn't. Of course that was all a lie, she made it back safe and sound with Erza the night before. This was all going according to her plan, 'make (Y/n) make a new friend'.

Freed joins (Y/n) at the cooking station just as the contest was about to begin. "Where's Mira?" (Y/n) whispers as the judge addresses the crowd of people and other Fairytail guild members.

"She couldn't make it." Freed replies, "so she asked Laxus to ask me to fill in."

"Today we have two Fairytail members going up against the two best chefs in all of Magnolia!" 

Evergreen and Laxus were some of the guild members who decided to watch, mostly because of their teammate was competing. "This'll be good." Evergreen laughs while Laxus smirks over at the person sitting next to him, wearing a cloak.

"Did you hear that, cloak?" He laughs, "the two best chefs are competing against our fairies."

The person in the cloak starts to sweat a bit more, hoping the best for the fairies.