Chapter 26: Like he never left

Back to Victoria's POV- the same day

I woke up with the sun reflecting on my face. I stretched myself before I came to notice were I was. I immediately turned myself around, Fred only inches away from my face, already looking at me. He smiled.

"Morning." His voice was deep and crispy. His hair rested wildly over his forehead. It peeked at some places. He looked like an angel. "Did you sleep well?" He kissed my head.

"Never better." I smiled back at him. I couldn't help but feel the intense good feeling I had yesterday drawing away. Was I being too impulsive?

"Are you okay?" Fred's forehead wrinkled, worried about what wrinkled mine.

"Of course I am. How was your night?" I asked him, trying to push the aching feeling away.

"It was... interesting." He smiled and got up. I looked after him. "Are you going to keep staring or will you join me for breakfast?" He said while looking back at me, amused. I looked over at the clock.

9:00

"You mean-." Fred interrupted me. He lifted me from the bed and gave me a pile of what I presume were my clothing.

"yes, please join me at the Gryffindor table." He looked so adorable.

"I don't think the Gryffindors can take anything more form me." I laughed. It had only been yesterday that I had invaded their sacred home.

"No, they won't mind. Especially if I told them you are mine now." He gave me a wink and a quick kiss on my cheeks. I smiled, awkwardly. Mine. Not sure if I wanted to be referred like that.

"I would love to." I quickly added.

We both entered the Great hall while holding hands. Never thought I would be this nervous for something so little. Something I wanted for so long. The moment he pushed the door open, everyone busted out in cheers. Some even got up to do a handshake with Fred. My face felt hot. I just stood there awkwardly, waiting for him to escort me to my new seat. "Take a seat, love." He pointed at a spot right in the middle of the table, besides all of his friends and family. I couldn't ignore how uncomfortable I felt. The confrontation require a whole lot of I am okay. and a bunch of Hello, I am social, some things that didn't came natural to me. Fred was literally talking to everyone, talking about our adventure last night... My cheeks were a dark shade of red and I wanted to die out of shame.

"Uh Fred? Do you know all of these people?" I asked in a whisper, a smile on my lips like everything was okay.

"Of course, I know everyone Vic. I will introduce you to all of them!" He said too loud. It is like he never left. Like we have been dating for months, even though it was just a day. Or just a night. Or weren't we dating at all? He never asked properly. I felt dizzy of the overwhelming loud noises besides me.

"Excuse me for a moment." I said to everyone. I got up and walked as fast as I could towards the exit.

"Where are you going?" Fred shouted through the whole damn hall.

"Just to the bathroom." I shouted back with a faker smile than Snapes hair colour. He gave me a thumbs up, oblivious to what I was really feeling.

"Victoria?" A soft voice behind me. "Are you feeling well?" I could hear the concern in her voice. I wished I could talk to her, go back to the way it was.

"Of course, yes." I turned around. She kept her distance. "What? following me now?" I spat at her, instantly regretting it. I looked down, not sure if I could hold myself from crying.