Chapter 56: dusty door

I woke up with a huge headache. I needed a few seconds to readjust my eyesight and to orientate myself. When I acknowledged where I was and what had happened, my cheeks started to glow. I looked around the room, my eyes stumbling across the clothes decorated on the floor and the angelic man besides me. Draco was still asleep, facing me. This gave me the perfect opportunity to admire his angelic look without looking like a stalker. Last night was once of the best experiences I've ever had. I played every second of it over and over in my head.

"What are you smiling about?" My thoughts were abruptly cut off by the sound of his voice. I looked around, my attention going to how bright the room had become. For how long had I've been daydreaming?

"Remembered something funny." I spoke to him with a huge smile on my face. To my surprise, he didn't smile back. Even worse, he seemed to be in a pretty bad mood. He lifted his eyebrows once without looking at me and got out of bed. I was still laying under the sheets, looking at him in confusion. What was up with him? "Did you sleep well?" I asked after a couple of silent minutes.

"Yea, yea." Was his only response. Wow. His attitude towards me had totally changed overnight. Maybe it was nothing and I was just insecure, but after a night like yesterday? Hard to believe that he is just in a bad mood. My eyes followed his every step in his dorm. He went over to the bathroom and took a shower without looking behind once. Okay, now I was worried. I got up and picked my clothes off the bedroom floor.

"I am heading to my dorm to grab something, all right?" I shouted over the sound of the running water.

"Will see you around." He shouted back.

"Will I see you at breakfast?" I was not sure about what his answer would be at this point.

"No need." I heard him sigh, more silent than before. I chose not to overthink this and just get through with my day like I would normally. Every time my head dared to spiral into overthinking, I would relocate my focus to something else. Poisons for example. Turned out I was already late for breakfast and almost for class too.

"OMG, tell me everything." Was the first thing Anna said when I walked in.

"What do you mean?" I looked away and tried to really not think about it.

"I've heard." She laughed. I couldn't help but look. She laughed at my facial expression. "Just kidding, but am not stupid so spit it out." My face had turned red from ear to ear by now.

"Not here." I whispered.

"Oh come on why not?" She asked.

"Not a good place." I said while nodding at the teacher.

"This is the perfect place. I am waiting." She said stubborn. "And were is Draco?" She wondered.

"No idea." I answered.

"Spill it out, lady." She whispered loudly. A few heads turned towards us.

"Well okay." I gave in. "I had the best sex of my life last night, but this morning he was utterly rude and didn't acknowledge my presence at all. It was like he didn't care about what happened last night. He didn't say a word, Anna. Am so confused." The brunette was looking at me with eyes full of disbelieve.

"What."

"Yea, I am feeling insecure about it." I admitted.

"That is so not him. That boy is crazy about you." She said more to herself than to me.

"Lady's, silence please." The professor interrupted us. I just looked sideways and nodded.

"Am just very insecure that all he wanted was the sex and know that he got it he isn't interested in me anymore." I said after a silence between me and Anna. She looked me worried in the eyes.

"Do you want me to talk to him?" She asked.

"No, not yet. I want to talk about it first with him."

"Okay." She answered.

"ENOUGH! OUT OF MY CLASSROOM!" The professor shouted, both of us startled. The whole class was looking at us. Some laughing, some with a mad face. Pff those nerds. We packed our stuff and left the classroom as fast as we possibly could.

"Damn, is every guy today in a bad mood or what?" I said jokingly. At that exact time, I heard a cough behind my back. With a small heart, I turned around to face Snape. Shit.

"Why are you out of class misses Blackburn and Lestrange?" He asked us with his monotone voice.

"Got kicked out." Anna said almost proudly. She knew Snape couldn't do her anything because of her parents. Snape looked at her and narrowed his already small eyes. Then he looked at me.

"Come with me Blackburn." He said only to me.

"What about Anna?" I asked confused. The brunette looked me furious in the eyes.

"This is a matter that doesn't concern Lestrange, miss Blackburn." He said while looking straight in front of him.

"Okay..." I said in a small voice and looked behind me at Anna once more. I hadn't had a great feeling about this. Not after what Anna had told me last night. Snape stopped before an old dusty door that wasn't his office. He opened it and gestured me to go downstairs first. To say the least, I was shitting my pants.