Chapter 44: septum sempra

The sound of an old door being opened ego-ed throughthe halls and the sound of his footsteps fell quiet. The silence was heavy. Ihad no idea where he went. I had lost him. I was wondering in the hallways,hoping to catch a glimpse or something. I heard a noise coming from a far doorfurther in the hall. I rushed towards the door and smiled slightly when I heardhim. The thick oak door didn't conceal his sobbing. I was standing before theboy's lavatory. I pushed the door open. The first thing I saw, was how he was leaninghis body against a sink, his head down. He looked wet. It was clear that hedidn't hear me come in. He was crying the life out of him. The water ran andran till it overflowed the sink and spilling over the grey stone floor. I stoodparalysed looking at the scene. In an aggressive motion he pulled of his jumperand looked hard in the mirror, straight at me. He gasped loudly and turnedaround. His face was so red and swollen. It was hard to believe that this wasthe same boy I had met a year ago. 

"Draco?" It was only a whisper

"Draco?" It was only a whisper. I felt myself stepping a few very calculated steps forwards. My face dripped of worry and fear. Draco jerked backwards.

"Don't come any closer to me!" He screamed. His voice was raw and crispy. It sounded like he had been screaming for too long.

"What is going on?" I stopped. He looked uncomfortably away when our eyes met.

"Go away!" It ego-ed through the whole room. He looked at the ground, too ashamed to look me in the eyes. I didn't listen.

"I am worried about you." I took another few steps forward till there was only a few inches left between us. I saw that his right sleave was covered in blood. When he saw that I saw, he hid his arm around his back.

"You don't have to be." He said. It was almost not understandable.

"What is that?" I pointed toward the blood on his shirt.

"Nothing." A stern nothing was all I got.

"What is going on Draco? Please tell me. And don't say nothing. This doesn't look like nothing." My voice was overflowing with hopelessness and fear. I could see the red traces the tears had left on his face. He didn't look at me nor answered. "You can talk to me." I reached for his hand but he flinched at my motion. "What have they being doing to you?" I sneered. I felt disgusted.

"You have to stay away from me, Victoria." He cried out. "I can't be around you." He wiped his face with his white shirt. "I can't be trusted." He screamed loudly. My heart was beating faster and faster by every word he said. I couldn't breathe.

"I trust you. You can trust me too." I said so softly, afraid to scare him.

"Malfoy!" A loud familiar voice broke the silence between us. "I know what you did, scumbag!" Harry came out of the shadows, his wand pointed at Him. Draco grabbed his too in a reflex.

"Not now, Potter." Draco said. The calmness in his voice made me look at him.

"Does she know?" Harry nodded at me while keeping eye contact with the boy besides me. "Does she know what kind of horrible person you are and what you have done?" The boys came closer and closers towards each other. I placed myself right in between, Harry's wand almost touching my neck. "Are you really protecting him? You don't know, do you?" Harry accused me. Draco felt like stone behind me.