Chapter 14: kiss marry kill

His handwriting was neat, with a little bow on the letter F just like the letter laying on my bed. It was clearly a letter for Parkinson that ended by chance on my bed. How embarrassing. "Do you have someone fun?" Anna looked at me, I was frowning my eyebrows extensively.

"Not particular, this is going to be a challenge." I said still looking at the ink.

"If you tell me, maybe I can help." She said curious.

"Doubt that." I rolled it up again and placed it in my pocket. "It's Malfoy." I whispered. Anna busted out in a loud laugh. "Maybe I should just put it back and grab another name." A student from across the room turned their head.

"You can't do that! That is so unfair." She screamed.

"All right, all right." I calmed her down.

"This is going to be epic." Anna laughed. I gave her an irritated smile. At the exact moment the prince and his flock walked into the room. Not wanting to deal with his presence, I walked out. Anna followed me and grabbed her jacket in a hurry. "What do you have with that boy?" She asked me, confused while she putted her jacket on. I was surprised this was even a question.

"Nothing, I just can't stand him. He is so entitled and cocky." I dug my fingernails into my palm.

"Yea, everyone feels that way." She answered me, looking forward to something I didn't see. "Hope you are not that fed up about not returning home for Christmas?" She brushed my arm in a gentle gesture.

"A bit, but is all right. At least we will celebrate it here together. At home, my parents drop me of at my grandparents every year." I smiled at the memories. I never liked it there, but for now it looked like a dream.

"I am staying too, you know." Anna continued. I looked at her with big eyes.

"I thought you lived in the wizarding world?" I said confused.

"I am doing it for you silly. I just want to spend Christmas with my best friend." She poked me with her elbow. I gave her a soft punch back, my heart glowing a little.

"You don't have to pity me Anna." I told her, feeling a bit guilty.

"I don't, you loser. I just want to be here with you, together." She smiled. It was hard not to smile back at her.

"I would like that very much, thank you." I said to her. She waved me off.

"Are you ready to go?" Anna shouted out of the doorframe.

"Coming." I shouted back. I grabbed my coat and a pair of gloves. In a hurry I counted the amount of galleons and sickles, the currency in the wizarding world, that I had left in my wallet. I should be enough for a present for Mr Cocky and a butterbeer. The git doesn't even deserve a present.

"Victoriaaaa!"

"Am coming, chill." I closed my wallet and ran outside. Anna was already dressed, ready to go to Hogsmeade. "Who do you have anyways?" I asked her. We were outside by now. It had been snowing the night before and the cold substance was still cracking under our feet.

"Can't tell you." She replied.

"Oh Merlin's beard, Do you have me?" My face lit up.

"No!" She replied too quickly.

"That's what everyone would say." She definitely had me.

"If I had you don't you think it would be stupid of me to ask you out for present shopping?" She raised her eyebrows at me and pouted her lips in an attempt not to laugh at my stupid thoughts.