Chapter 12: ministry

On the couch were lying two souls, strangles into each other. One on top of the other, in full bareness.

"What are you doing here, scumbag?" One of them shouted. He stood up and freed the girl underneath him.

"Yeez Blackburn, I knew you were desperate but this? Is Fred not satisfying you?" The girl screamed, wrapped up in a blanked. My ears were whizzing, blood swirling to my cheeks. My lungs felt heavy. I looked at them. Only now I could place the picture in my head. Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson fooling around in a chapel. My stomach turned by the realisation of what I had walked into. Before me stood the prince, his bare chest reflecting in the blue moonlight. It was hard to keep my eyes on his face.

"Cover up, can you?" I looked away, extremely embarrassed. His skin looked like it was made out of marble, perfectly cut out. My eyes had shifted.

"Are you enjoying the view?" He said with a smirk on his face, extremely annoyed by my presence.

"Oh please, don't be flattered." I rolled my eyes and looked away as fast as I could. I was enjoying the view, yes, very much in fact.

"Couldn't you find another time to stalk on me?" He said with a disgusted face while he got dressed.

"Again, don't flatter yourself." I snapped back.

"Then what the hell are you doing here?" Pansy screamed in a high pitched voice out of the corner.

"None of your business, at least not YOU." I was triggered at her comment. "Can't be much worse." I said in a rude low tone. I had to calm myself down. To be offended easily meant to be manipulated easily. I turned around and walked out, not daring to look back.

It was already past midnight on a Tuesday evening. My tiredness had abandoned me and sleep seemed be impossible. I tippy-toed out of my dorm into the common room, making as little noise a human could make. No one was awake on this time. I left the common room and went for a stroll through the castle corridors. I had left the dungeons for a while now when I heard a noise. It seemed like someone was trying to get my attention. It was pitch dark a few meters away from me, so I couldn't see what was going on. I stepped a little closer, on my guard, when something grabbed my arm and dragged my into a well-lit room.

"Let go of me!" I said a little too loud. It echoed through the halls.

"Hey there, not trying to scare you or anything." Two male voices said perfectly synchronic.

"Fred and George." I sighted. I gave them an angry look.

"Only George, but twice." said one of them. I looked at them very closely. I couldn't tell them apart.

"Please don't test me, who is who." I said strictly.

"George." He pointed to himself. "Fred." Making a gesture to his brother. I nodded, happy.

"Joking I am Fred." George said. One of my eyebrows shot up and I breathed very deeply, closing my eyes. I rubbed my forehead and let out a groan.

"I am not dealing with this, see you later." I said irritated.

"Bye Victoria." One of them said. The same time his brother reached out for my arm and dragged me back into a hug.

"Not so fast, Missy." He hugged me tightly. I hugged him back, burying my face in his warm chest.

"Hi Fred." I spoke to his belly. I had a smile on my lips.

"I will pretend not to be hurt that you couldn't tell that it was me." He said in my hair.

"Then give me something so I will know in the future." I looked up. He was looking down at me, I had never felt so loved.

"Easy, I am more handsome." He laughed. His brother gave him a punch in his ribs and fake laughed at the comment.

"What are you doing here?" I released myself out of his grip and took a step backwards.

"We saw you coming, what are you doing here after midnight?" They shot me back. They pointed at a piece of parchment. It was folded into half.

"How?" I looked at them curiously.

"Map." They said at the same time. They showed me brownish parchment map with the footsteps of people roaming the castle at this exact moment. Even Peeves, the castle's poltergeist, was visible.

"Woa, were did you get that?"

"Dumbledore's office." They said both smiling. I smiled back. Than could come in handy.

"Is that-" I started

"-Dumbledore?" George said "Yes" Fred answered.

"Roaming his office." Said Fred.

"Does that quite often." Commented George.

"Can you-" I tried to ask again, looking at the map in wonder.

"-See everyone?" Fred completed. "yes."

"Every time." "Everyday." "Everywhere." The brothers said on turn. 

"Well, if I want to be alive in the morning I should go back to sleep." I said in a tiny voice. Fred smiled at me.

"Take the map, so you won't get caught." George offered me. "Just give it back tomorrow in Herbology." He handed me the map. I was studying it very closely before returning a corridor. In no time, I was back into my bed without anyone noticing I had gone for an hour or so.

Next morning I was aggressively woken up by a loud noises. I had just opened my eyes when someone was already shouting at me. I sat up, rubbed my eyes and tried to focus. The light was hurting my sleepy eyes. "I need to go all right?" Was the only thing I understood.

"Wait." I began. "Start over." I blinked a couple of times and saw Fred standing beside my bed.

"My dad was attacked. He is in a really bad shape Vic. I need to go see him!" He said in a hurry.

"Wait, what happened?" I asked confused. The other girls in the room were also awake by now.

"He was attacked at the ministry. He is in really bad shape and I have to go to him!" His eyes were practically begging for me to understand.

"Yes of course." I tried to sound empathic, not sure how it sounded with my crispy voice.

"You don't understand. I am leaving now and I don't know when or if I will come back." He sat himself down on my bed.

"Oh." Silence, processing everything. "Fred I completely understand, I would to the exact same thing. I hope he will be back on his feet soon." I took his hand in mine, rubbing it with my thumb. "We can write, don't worry about me. Your father is priority." I continued. Fred was silent.

"Percy, Ginny and George are coming too." He said, looking at our hands strangled into each other.

"You go! If anyone could make him better, it would be you." He smiled at me and stood up. I wanted to get out of bed too, but he had tucked me back in before I could stand up.

"Better not to make this any more difficult than it already is." He said in a sad tone. He leaned over and gave me a kiss on my hair. "Will hear from you soon, love." He said and let go of my hand.

That was the last time I heard from him.