Chapter 5: Hospital wing

I opened my eyes, the light coming in blinding me after all that darkness. The first thing I saw was how there was an owl sitting on a beam at the ceiling. I blinked once and the owl flew off, straight out of the door. I wanted to sit up, but my head was pounding like a maniac.

"Be careful dear!" a woman shouted, running through the door. The owl followed quicky after. "You got hit on your head." she stood beside my bed with a worried smile on her lips. I got up and the world was spinning before my eyes. The nurse had to grab me by my shoulders.

"What happened?" The words flew out of my mouth and all the memories came rushing back . "He!" I screamed. I stood up and looked around. I felt rage and disgust boiling inside me. "He hit me!" I screamed.

"He is here too." Madame Pomfrey said. "You did eachother dirty." She gave me a nasty look. "Now, lay down yourselfor I will make sure you sleep for a couple more days." She said, verystrict with her words. I did what she said. She gave me a pile of papers, notunderstanding what do to with them. I was in the hospital wing of Hogwarts. Thegit had hexed me into the damn hospital! 

 Thegit had hexed me into the damn hospital! 

"Oh please, don't be ridiculous." I heard a voice say from behind the curtain. His voice alone made every cell in me get violent. I pulled the curtain open to see I had done some damage too. He looked at me with his cold grey eyes filled with disgust and annoyance. His foot was in a cast and his right shoulder in a brace. He pulled his blanket higher to hide injuries. "What are you staring at, freak?" He looked away with his jaws clenched onto each other. I tried whipping the amusement of off my face.

"You look even worse than I feel." I sat back down on my bed, not wanting to show I was not capable of standing for any longer.

"Yea that's because you can't even hex someone the right way." He was still looking the opposite way, talking to the wall. There was a silence hanging over us, it was very uncomfortable.

"How long will you be here?" I asked nodding to the pile of paperwork on his bedside table. He looked at me. Taking his time to answer.

"This whole week." He said while biting his teeth. "But not if you will be here. I rather rip my stitched apart than being here with you!" I didn't let him finish. I just closed the curtains again. Laying on my back, staring at the ceiling. I was wondering how it come this far. I had never met someone with an even worse temper than mine. "For how long are you here?" I lost track of time and his voice brought me back to reality.

"A week." I admitted. "But not if you are going to be here, would rather hit my head again." I said sarcastically, I frowned my eyebrows. I heard him snort. We were not allowed to get visitors. So it was just the 2 of us for a whole week. I kept in touch with Anna and Derek by letters, brought by my black owl. I think Malfoy was doing the same, because from time to time I saw a snow white owl flying by. For the first 3 days we didn't even speak to each other. Sometimes I forgot he was even there at all. I was trying to catch up with homework when Draco suddenly opened he curtains and looked straight into my space. "What you want?" I didn't even care.

"I didn't do something to Anna." He permitted himself to sit on my bed.

"Sure and why do you say it now, after 4 days?" I looked at him, making it clear to fuck off. He ignored it.

"Because I just didn't feel like it." He was so arrogant.

"I saw her Malfoy, she was crying. She mentioned you." My eyes were back on my homework. He broke down in a laugh. Out of nowhere, I was so triggered.

"I think she left out a couple of details, Blackburn." Ok, now I was intrigued. He waited for me to look at him again before he continued. "I turned her down actually. She said she had a crush on me. I just kindly declined." He said it with a wide smirk on his face. I was confused. Why would she lie to me about that?

"Why would she cry that ugly over you?" I showed my most disgusted face and eyed him from head to toe before I looked back at my desk.

"You said it yourself, I am the Slytherin prince." He got up from my bed and walked over to his, closing the curtain behind him. Giving me the hint this conversation is over.

"You aren't a prince, just a Slytherin." I added. I wrote a letter to Anna, hoping it could clear shit up.

Anna,,

Draco told me you had a thing for him? Is that true? Please dont lie, I am irritated enough by just having to stand him for another week.

Love, Victoria

I never got a reply so I guess I knewmy answer. Right?

It was already past midnight when I woke up from the sound of sheets being tossed aggressively. I heard Malfoy murmur some things I didn't understand. At first I thought he had a guest over. I was about to bust them, when I saw no one was there. He was dreaming. He tossed and turned with a pained look written on his face. His forehead was covered in small drops of sweat. "Draco?" Nothing. "Draco, wake up!" Still no reaction. He seemed so frightened, I almost felt bad for him. I shook his body slightly. "Draco, damn it wake up!" It was almost a shout. He woke up and was so disorientated he grabbed me by my arm. I lost my balance and landed right on top of him. "It was just a dream." I was shocked by our sudden intimacy and pulled myself together at the side of his bed. He sat up and wiped his forehead.

"Sorry, didn't realise what I was doing."

"Bad dream?" I asked, out of breath. My eyes had adjusted to the dark.

"I have a lot of them." He answered, leaving a hint of shame in his voice. We both were quiet for a couple of minutes. "I am sorry for disturbing your sleep." he broke the silence in a whisper.

"Don't worry about it." Was the only thing I could say. He laid back down, face away from me. I did thesame and went to sleep as if nothing happened.

 I did thesame and went to sleep as if nothing happened