Chapter 58: I, victoria...

I knew exactly where I was. The vibe, the cold, the sound and even the smell. I was in hell. I was afraid to open my eyes the first time, but now they flew wide open and I jumped on my feet in a defensive posture ready to fight. I reached for my wand, but of course they took it. I was in the Malfoy Manor, in the room with the uncomfortable long table to be specific. The adrenaline rushing through my veins made my eyesight sharper than a hawk's and every muscle ready to fight back. I looked around the room. My muscles flexed and my anxiety shot up when I realized what I saw. Before me was standing Lord Voldemort, the sight and smell of him making me die a little on its own. behind him standing a bunch of people among who a man holding a knife against Anna's throat.

"ANNA!" I shouted. A bunch of tears rolling down my face. I tried to move but got hold back very quickly.

"Don't move." She whispered without making a sound. I could hear my heartbeat bouncing inside my ears. I looked her straight in the eyes, hopelessness written all over her. Her eyes were red and puffy. What have they been doing to her?

"Relax, Victoria." I was so petrified by the sight of my best friend that I had forgotten the demon standing before me. "We won't harm her." He reassured me. He approached me and I crawled back. "Unless you decide to work against us." He kneeled right in front of me. I couldn't move another muscle. He took my face and brought it closer to his. The stank that came off his skin made me gag. "Ssttt." He comforted me when a single tear rolled down my cheek. I tried to look away as much as possible. The sight of his satanic face would haunt me forever. Suddenly he stood up and walked away. "so." He started. Gesturing toward the people standing behind him. "Will you work with us?" He smiled.

"Never!" I managed to get out. I looked around to find my parents, who weren't there. The knife on Anna's throat made a small cut. Anna screamed it out. "NO STOP IT! DON'T HURT HER!" I cried out.

"Her fate is totally in your hands, Victoria." The demon said. He waited for a response and I kept quiet. With a subtle handwave the knife cut deeper into her skin.

"I WILL, YES I WILL WORK WITH YOU." The man holding Anna threw her besides me onto the floor. I shoved towards her and flung my arms around her. "Everything will be all right." I whispered in her ear. I ripped a piece of my shirt and gave it to her to stop the bleeding.

"No it won't." She cried back.

"Sstt girls, no need to cry." The demon said again.

"What do I need to do?" I asked him without looking.

"Make her do the vow." A man in the back said. I looked over and he pointed his want at his dark mark.

"NO!" I shouted again.

"Curcio." Before I knew it, Anna was screaming and dying in front of me.

"STOP!" I screamed. "YOU ARE KILLING HER!"

"Don't be such a softie. Make her take the vow then." The man said with no piece of humanity in him.

"Anna look at me. I know you are in such pain but try to listen to me okay?" I turned myself towards my friend while looking the man deadly in the eyes. "I know you don't want to do this, but you have to. It won't be the end of the world. I promise everything will be okay afterwards. We just have to get through this Anna. Love." I paused. Looking at my friend, who laid oddly still. "Anna?" I screamed. "STOP IT, YOU BEAST!" I screamed at everyone. At that moment her body relaxed and the curse was lifted. I sighed deeply out of relief.

"I can't." She managed to get out in a voice that was almost not understandable. "I would rather die!"

"Anna please, no. We can do this together. Okay, like we always do stuff together. We will do this together!" I was hopelessly rambling. Knowing I was losing her.