Chapter 32: I promise

Draco came into my vision. My heart nearly busted out of my ribcage and I had to control my breathing.

"You scared me." I confessed. He took a seat right in front of me, the seat were Anna was always sitting. "Anna isn't going to like that." I gestured towards the seat.

"Well, Anna isn't here and if she is coming, I was first." He said unbothered. He started to unpack his books and quill to start his study session. I was watching him carefully, he looked up at me straight into my green eyes.

"What?" He raised an eyebrow. "Don't you have a book to focus on." I lowered my gaze immediately.

"Why do you come here and torture me with your presence?" I asked him harsh, attention on my book.

"Because staring isn't going to get us anywhere." He answered bluntly. I laughed mockingly at that, not wanting to show that I was embarrassed. "You sure you liked that necklace?" He looked up once and then at his book again.

"Yes I do." I knew were this was going.

"Then why the fuck aren't you wearing it?" He looked me deadly in the eyes.

"Because I can't Draco." I sighed loudly. "Don't think I have to explain why." I shuffled uncomfortably in my seat.

"In fact, no I don't know why. Please enlighten me." He leaned back in his chair with his arms crossed.

"Because Fred gave me one too and I don't want people to think wrong things." I spat out, my jaw clenched.

"You grew soft, Victoria." He huffed and focussed back on his pages. A feeling of intense rage overtook me. I was done with his shit. I got up and collected my stuff. "Were are you going?" Malfoy said irritated.

"Away." I spat back. I walked towards the shelves to put away my books.

"Wait." He was right behind me, following me towards the many shelves.

"What? Don't you have a book to focus on?" I mimicked him sarcastically. I turned myself around to face him. He was right in front of me. A silence overshadowing us. He placed his one hand on the side of my head, leaning onto the shelves. My back was pressed against them and our fronts were about to touch. He had me captivated in his presence.

"What are you doing?" I let out a low groan, clenching onto the book I was still holding

"What are you doing?" I let out a low groan, clenching onto the book I was still holding. He ripped the book with his free hand out of my hand without any effort and placed in on the shelf behind me.

"Just helping you a hand out." He came even closer. My breath hitched at our sudden intimacy. "I want you to wear that necklace." He said every word with precisely. He backed off and walked away.

I scoffed. "Do you actually think I am intimidated by you? I do what I want." I crossed my arms. He stopped in his tracks and snorted loudly before turning around again.

"I wasn't trying to be intimidating, Victoria." He rubbed his temples in an attempt to keep calm. "I just wanted to make it clear that I want you to wear my necklace." His teeth were clenched together.

"By bullying me into it? You don't have to want anything from me, Draco. Do you understand?" I took a couple of steps forward. His eyes widened at my sudden change of tone. He made a face. "If you want the damn thing back, just say so."

"I don't want it back, Victoria. You need..." He started.

"This is your fucking problem. You think you can own and control everyone around you by being the jerk you are. This isn't going to work out for you in the end."

"Will see about that." He took a step back, his eyes dull staring in mine and left me standing alone in the maze of books.

I needed a minute to get my thoughtsin a straight line again. I hated how weak he made me feel. Something I neverfelt when I was with Fred, or anyone else... He was right, I did becomesoft.

Finals were finally over and the schoolyear was about to end. I looked over my shoulder one last time at the huge castle of Hogwarts before getting into the train, back to London. I couldn't help but an overwhelming feeling of sadness crying over me. "You are always welcome to visit, Vic." Anna noticed my sudden shift in emotions and bumped my shoulder.

"I honestly don't know how." I laughed. "Plus I don't even live in the UK." I tried wiping the feeling away.

"Well, you can come to us as some kind of holiday." She was too friendly. I smiled at her.

"Wouldn't want anything more than that." I laid my head on her shoulder.

"Have you spoken to Draco yet?" She leaned her head against mine. We were alone in a compartment.

"Nowp, not since our last argument." I said, still angry at the whole thing.

"I want you to make up before going home." She straightened herself and looked me deep into the eyes.

"Am sorry, don't think I can do that." I smiled apologetically.

"you are little bitches sometimes." She smiled widely before turning away from me. We were both staring into blank space, letting the subject fly. Just enjoying each other's company for the last time in months.

"Promise me that you will write me." I whispered to her, trying to hold back a tear.

"If you promise me you will write back." She laughed at me.

"I promise."