Chapter 3: Blue snake

I stumbled out of the train, feeling like it was all a dream. I tripped on my way out, but managed to safe myself. I gasped loudly when I saw the view for the first time. Thick black clouts surrounding an enormous castle with high pointy towers. The castle was encircled by a forest and a lake. Everything looking as black as the night. I could already see the lights from a distance. I was so stunned that I had stopped walking without realizing and was therefore holding back a lot of angry students.

"Sorry." I murmured. Someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around in an instant and saw the blonde boy I walked over a couple of hours ago in London.

"You left this." He handed me my novel.

"Thanks, and sorry for earlier." I was laughing by now, but quicky stopped when I saw his reaction. He didn't even answer or look at me. He just left with a disgusted look written on his face. I followed the students, who were ahead of me, to the castle. Everybody went in pairs in boats and crossed the river. "All right then." I said to myself. With a fight, I got in. Me not realizing I have to hex the damn boat to let it sail over the enormous lake, was rowing like crazy. I didn't dare to look into the water or to the sides since I was terrified of it. I broke down in a shamefully heavy sweat.

"Are you new here?" a friendly female voice sad. I looked aside to meet with the eyes of a small blonde girl with glasses. She was wearing a black robe like everyone else, with blue details on it.

"Yes, but I can't figure out how to start this boat!" I almost screamed out of frustration.

"I can help you with that." She brought her wand out at once. "Profundus." I sighed in relieve, my arms were very thankful.

"Thank you! I am Victoria." I thanked her.

"Nice to meet you Victoria, I am Nicole starflower. Why aren't you wearing your robes?" She looked at me in a funny was. Was it jokingly or mockingly? Now that I looked around, I saw that everyone except for me were wearing one.

"I don't have one yet." I admitted a bit in shame. "First day."

"Oh, how nice! Welcome to Hogwarts, I am sure you will adore it here. Do you have any idea in which house you will be sorted into?"

"No, I quite don't understand the house thing either."

"Well I hope to see you again on the Ravenclaw table." She passed my boat and disappeared in the distance. I was greeted by the door of the great hall by a teacher.

"You must be Victoria Blackburn?" A few heads turned by the mentioning of my last name. She was an older lady with wrinkly hands, a pointy nose and piercing green eyes like mine. She was wearing the same black robe like everyone else, but with red details instead of blue. Now that I was looked around more in depth, I saw that some students were wearing robes with green or yellow details. I wanted a red one. Red is my favourite colour.

"Yes professor, I am."

"Please follow me." I followed her through an ancient looking corridor with brownish stones which you could see where very outdated. She opened a very heavy looking door that made an awful sound. I grabbed the doorhandle and closed it behind me. We were in an office with a really high ceiling. It kind of reminded me of the office from my parents jewellery store. It gave me a weird feeling in my stomach. "Before you can join your classmates, you must be sorted into your house. I must warn you, heads will turn when they will hear your last name. I am sure u understand why?"

"Not really professor." I admitted again.

"Dear, well you are a great-great decedent of a very powerful witch whom is known by pretty much everyone."