Chapter 52: ice melting under the sun

We woke up in the exact same position as we fell asleep, In each other's arms. I never thought it was possible to feel even better than I was feeling last night. Everything about his touch felt safe, homely, it felt empowering. And that was the exact thing I needed, a home and some strength. My heart dropped at the thought of what was happening outside the Slytherin common room. Death eaters and stuff. I forced the thoughts out of my head and tried focussing on this beautiful, perfect moment in the present. Draco was still asleep. He seemed so peaceful, a total contrast from the last time I saw him sleep. I didn't want to disturb his peace, but I really had to go to the bathroom. I slightly tilted the sheets up and prepared my body to turn.

"Not sneaking out, are you?" His face was still buried in his pillow. Maybe he wasn't sleeping after all.

"Bathroom." I whispered embarrassed. The crips in his voice turned me on like crazy. Everything about him did. outside, the sun was shining through the few clouds that were present. It was promised to be a beautiful day.

"How late do you think it is?" Draco said while stretching his body and yawning. The sheets slides of his body, this was the first time that I really got to look at him. The early morning light danced on his skin like the sun did on the moon. His skin was pale, paler than any others, but it made him even more beautiful. His features were perfectly carved like he was made out of stone. I knew that he was muscular, but now I really saw it. "Victoria?" Draco sat up straight and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Sorry, what?" I hadn't heard a word. He laughed out loud.

"How late is it?" He smiled.

"Just past 9 AM I presume." I looked down, letting my hair slide past my face like a curtain, trying to hide the fact that my cheeks were as red as a tomato.

"I know you are blushing, no need to hide it, princess." That only made me blush more. "It's adorable." He added.

"Am not blushing. Why should I be blushing?" I tried.

"You liked what you saw?" He noticed. I mean, of course he noticed. I was basically drooling all over him.

"Maybe." I turned my back towards him and grabbed a new outfit out of my closet and headed towards the bathroom.

"Why are our mornings together always so boring?" He took my hand and pulled me back towards the edge of my bed.

"You think am boring?" I raised my eyebrow in disbelief. I couldn't resist smile at his facial expressions.

"No, but you always trying to run away from me."

"That is not true, the last time we..." I tried explaining myself. He interrupted my sentence by pressing his lips hardly onto mine while holding my face as still as possible.

"This is what I want." He whispered while resting his head against mine. I was out of breath. What was he doing? The butterflies in my stomach were flying looping by now. It made me sick. The blood inside my veins were pulsing harsh at the beat of my racing heart. "Don't forget to breath, love." I indeed did forget to breath sometimes.

"What did I do to deserve this?" I asked him confused. This whole situation between us was confusing as hell.

"What? You can kiss me but I can't? Lame." He said smiling and planted a soft kiss on my forehead before getting up and walking towards the bathroom.

"I was going to go first." I shouted when he was approaching the girls bathroom.

"Guess not anymore." He winked at me.

"Don't you have a bathroom in your dorm?" I said irritated.

"Yes, but this one seems fine too. Feel free to join me if you want." He shouted over the sound of running water.

"Guess I can already brush my teeth." I sighed to myself. I dragged myself to the sink and grabbed my toothbrush. The mirror hanging in front of me was foggy. With my sleeve, I wiped the middle part clean. Behind me I saw Draco running his hands through his wet blond hair. My eyes froze at the sight of him. My movements slowed while I looked at how he showered. It wasn't in a creepy way, his body turned out to be perfect in every way possible. The water stopped. I forced my attention to my toothbrush again and acted like I didn't see shit.

"Your turn." He said while walking out. His voice startled me. The only thing covering him was a black towel perfectly folded around his waist. "See you soon." He shouted in the hallways. I hurried myself into the shower and got dressed in a hurry. Before leaving the room, my eyes stumbled across the black velvet box with his necklace stored in it. I thought about it for a minute and decided to wear it. I was wearing a simple sundress with my hair in lose curls. I knew he liked this dress. I walked down stairs while fixing my hair one more time. At the bottom, Draco was patiently waiting for me with a big smile placed on his face. He eyed me from head to toe when I came down. His eyes almost falling out of his eye sockets. "You look stunning." His voice was soft. He offered me his hand. I took it with pleasure, his touch was so soft that I almost didn't feel it, yet it burned.

"Thank you." I smiled. His eyes diverted towards my neck, his smile became even bigger.

"You are wearing my necklace." He fixed the little hanger in between his fingers.

"Yea, I felt sorry for it. Always in that box." I smiled at him. He bumped my shoulder playfully. Everything about us was so playful today.

"Let's make this day, a day to never forget." He blinded me with his beautiful smile. I was like ice melting under the sun for him.