Chapter 9: Masked

I woke up with a tingling sensation in my whole body. Sweat dripping off my forehead. It was 9 o clock, most students were already up. Today is the Halloween masked ball. My stomach jumped at the idea of what stood waiting for me this evening. A dance date with Fred. I looked over to my bedside table, the flowers were dancing in rays of sunlight. I would have sworn they were smiling at each other. I was walking in the corridors, on my way to breakfast. I saw someone sneak in a room with a forbidden entrance. I followed him for a bit, till I realized who I was following. The boy who had saved me from drowning. My heart started racing, I was so eager to talk to him. I had to see him. He closed the door behind him very softly. I stood in front of the door, hesitating to open it. I heard sobbing coming from inside. Was the prince crying? I decided to knock. "Malfoy? I saw you getting in here, can I come in?" The windows were blinded. I could smell the dust from behind the door, The room was definitely not cleaned in years. He didn't answer me. He stood with his back to me but gestured with his hand that I couldn't come in. "Sorry for disturbing you." I started, feeling awkward with the vibe that was hanging in this space.

"That is our sentence, isn't it." He replied. I didn't understand. "Sorry for disturbing." He turned himself around, facing me.

"Oh, yes. We keep disturbing each other." I gave him a small laugh, He didn't give me one back. He was staring behind me to something I couldn't see.

"Why are you here?" He asked, still looking at something.

"I wanted to talk to you." My cheeks turned red, I didn't know why. I was embarrassed by the whole scene. "I heard you had some trouble with it, afterwards?" I sat myself down on a desk.

"Nothing compared to you." He shot back with no emotion.

"What were you doing there anyways, that late at night?" I asked him.

"No, what were you doing there?" His face angry all of the sudden.

"Already explained myself. Was there with Fred." I was pissed by his tone. Couldn't he just answer the question.

"Can't you just thank me for saving your damn life?" He shouted at me. I was startled at his sudden shift in tone. He pierced me with his icy blue eyes, He didn't lower his gaze when I didn't answer. We just stood here. Looking at each other in disgust and anger.

"Yah, Thanks I suppose." I ran off.

"Victoria." He said calmy after me. I turned around.

"Don't speak to me like that ever again." He said with a blank face.

"Thank you for saving my life. But if this is how it will be, you thinking to be better than me, I wish you didn't." I said coldly. I saw his expression shift. I didn't care to look what kind of emotions overcame him. I just opened the door and walked to breakfast.

Iwas looking at myself in the mirror, amazed by the view. I was completelyunrecognizable. My straight hair was now curled in different angles with acrown on top of it. My dress, that was normally tight, was now wide and red,not showing every curve on my body. I was wearing a long Victorian dress infull red. My makeup was done and my porcelain full face mask fitted perfectlyon my head. I was supposed to be a Victorian princess from a winter court. Thefact that I was in full red, would probably disgust a couple of Slytherins.Before I came to Hogwarts, red was my favourite colour. Now red is associatedwith our enemy, Gryffindor, whom I had a date with. We sure would look great together.