Chapter 10: Porcelain princess and black death

A whisper broke down. I looked up at the boy in front of me, His hair contrasted with his black costume. An emotion overcame him the moment our eyes met. His pupils dilated following with a shook look on his face. My heart dropped and my lungs gasped for air. We were just staring.

"Malfoy?" I stood there, not knowing what to say. My tone was neutral.

"Blackburn?" He sounded surprised. I frowned my eyebrows, feeling rage boiling inside me. The hands burning on my waist were his? I felt disgusted by myself. I looked around to find a face that was familiar. My eyes stumbled across Fred's. He looked at me with wide hanging eyes, with a hopeless look on his face. He stood there with a girl besides him. She was wearing a beautiful lavender dress. He only looked at me, angry and disappointed. My eyes widened. I stumbled a few meters forward, but he took off. My heart dropped, racing inside my chest. I felt all of the joy leaving my body. I looked behind me. Malfoy was just lurking at the scene, no emotion on his face.

"Sick psychopath!" was the only thing I could bring out in his direction. I walked off, him trying to grab my wrist. I shook him of aggressively. Anna was not a second to early, I was about to rip the git apart. She took my arm and pulled me out of the great hall. Tears were blurring my gaze. Every time I felt good I thought it would last forever, but it didn't. I shook myself out of her grip and ran off. "Don't follow me." I spoke to my friend behind me, trying to keep my voice stable. While running I kicked off my heels, not caring if I would ever see them again or not. I came to halt by the astronomy tower. I sat myself down at the edge, overseeing the beautiful grounds of Hogwarts. Multiple conversations were crossing my mind all at once. It was so loud. I didn't know how to feel. I was angry at Malfoy for ruining my date with Fred. I was angry at Fred for running off like that. I was angry at myself for enjoying the dance with Draco. I was sad that Fred reacted this way. I was confused at the electricity and burning desire I felt while dancing with Draco. A sensation I didn't feel with Fred. That made me angry. I sighted, tired of myself. I liked how silent it was up here. But I spoke to early In a distance I heard a pair of footsteps coming closer. I laid myself down, maybe if I played dead they would run off screaming or something.

"Don't you dare be dead again." A familiar voice said. I could practically hear the eyeroll that came with the comment. He sat himself down beside me.

"Go away."

"No." He sounded tired too. I looked up, he was staring straight in front of him. I sat up, and eyed him angerly, hoping I would scare him off. I didn't

"I mean it, this is my place now, fuck off!" I said to Malfoy "You ruined enough for me today." I added without joy.

"I can't help it. If I had known that it was you, trust me I would have skipped." He made a face. "The way your boyfriend reacted is also not my fault." He was still staring in front of him.

"Doesn't mean you have to sit here with me though." I laid myself back down, closing my eyes. It was silent for almost 10 minutes when I spoke again. "Were did you learn how to dance like that?" I asked him.

"At home, my parents are very traditional. You?" He sounded annoyed.

"Went to a royal school in Brussels. It was a tradition too." I explained it as shortly as I could. He mumbled something I couldn't understand, probably some insult. "He is not my boyfriend." I clarified.

"I don't care." Was his only response. I sat up and looked deadly at him.

"I really don't understand what the fuck you are doing here then." I said, visibly annoyed.

"Relax princess." He nodded at my crown. "Your tiara is about to fall."

I ripped the tiara of my head and threw it over the railing. I raised my eyebrows at him and left. He laughed