Chapter 37: Breakfast

"God damnit, Victoria!" We had just opened the entrance door and my mom was already shouting at me. "Where the hell have you been, we were so worried..." She lowered her tone when she saw Draco coming in right behind me. I was still wearing his blazer. "I see, never mind. Your dad and I are heading back home, but misses Malfoy agreed to you staying here and going together to London tomorrow." She eyed me and Draco, who was now standing beside me, back and forward.

"You going to leave me here?" I asked her confused.

"You are such a drama queen. I see you like it here, what is the problem?" She said while looking right over me. My mom was a tall woman. "Your suitcases are already in the spare room, have a great year at Hogwarts dear." She kissed my forehead in an attempt so act motherly. "And, ugh, no funny business with mister Malfoy right here." He nodded towards the boy who was still standing to close besides me. Draco looked down to hide a laugh. I, on the other hand, was getting as red as my lipstick, that was probably smutched. shit. As soon as she left I turned towards Draco. "Is my lipstick smutched?"

"No, not smutched. Gone, yes." He laughed widely. I didn't found this funny at all. Not in front of my mother.

"This evening is too much to handle." I whispered to myself. "So, guess the spare room is that refrigerator you call a room?" I asked Draco. He looked so comfortable standing so close besides me. Everyone could see it. Or was that the whole point?

"I am afraid that is the one." He wiped a strand of hair away from my face. He sure wanted everybody to notice.

"Fetch me another 100 blankets already." I joked, my breath stoking under his touch.

"Get married already." Anna joined our tiny little circle. We both took a step backwards in a reflex. Only now I realised we were almost standing against each other. "You had Victoria for yourself for long enough, now it is my turn." She made a face towards her cousin and dragged me with my arm away from him. I gave him back his blazer in a hurry.

"Don't start please." I said when we came to a halt and she looked me hopeful in the eyes. She only winked at me, this wasn't over yet. When I arrived at my bedroom for the night, three extra blankets were laying on the bed. It was such a small gesture, but it meant the world for me. And also not freezing to death. Even if it was summer, the room was ice cold. With a full mind I crawled into my bed, not able to supress the thought of the last time I was in this room and with who. With a content and drunk smile I fell asleep with four warm covers over me. Next morning I was woken up by a small nock on the door.

"Good morning miss Blackburn, breakfast will be served in 10 minutes." A house elf came in. Her voice sounded so friendly. Before I could say anything back, she had already left the room. I got dressed, washed my face and headed downstairs. The manor was a maze. Luckily, I still kind of remembered my way from yesterday. I let my sense of smell lead the way. I came to halt by a small, but long room. The door was open. Inside the room was a long black table completely packed with freshly made foods.

"Good morning, dear. Come in." A familiar friendly voice demanded me. It was Misses Malfoy.

"Thank you Misses Malfoy." I thanked her.

"Oh please, call me Narcissa. We are so happy to have you over." She leaded me towards an empty seat. Only her, me and her husband were present at the table.

"I am thankful that you will have me." I nodded towards her. "Are we still waiting for someone?" I asked politely.

"Just Draco. He is hard to get out of bed." She smiled at me. I only nodded and smiled back. "It came to my hearing that you and my son are rather the duo?" She rested her hands on top of the table, looking straight at me. Oh no.

"We weren't always friends." I admitted in a small awkward smile. Mister Malfoy lowered his paper to look at me. Draco where the fuck are you?

"His father and I also started like that. Look how that has turned out for us." She looked at her husband and then back at me. She clearly insinuated things.

"Sorry am late." Draco rushed inside the room and took place right beside me. He saved me from a conversation of misery. "What were you talking about?" He filled his plate and tried to read the room.

"Nothing special my dear. Just getting to know Victoria a bit more." Narcissa answered. Draco only nodded and didn't ask further. We ate our breakfast in complete silence. It felt awkward, but it seems that this was a normal thing fort them to do. Only yesterday, I longed for Hogwarts and my magical life back. Now am sitting here, at a table full of death eaters, that my parents knew for ages. The thing I had despised so much about Draco and Anna was the exact thing I had been too this whole time. Nothing less than them. Weird to say, but this made us all closer.