Chapter 34: dark all around me

"Anna?" I didn't knew what to think.

"What are you doing here?" She ran towards me and hugged my tightly. "Hi misses and mister Blackburn." She fell quiet and eyed me and my parents.

"You know my parents?" It was just a whisper.

"They are your parents?" A silence overcame us all.

"What the hell is going on?" I looked at my parents, deadly.

"I never made the connection..." Anna whispered more to herself than to me. "Vic..." She started and laid a hand on my shoulder.

"I see you know her, good." My dad nodded to Anna.

"Yes I know her...She is my best friend from Hogwarts, you know the school of witchcraft and wizarding?" I said sarcastically. My heart was racing, my palms sweaty. They just watched me in silence. "You knew all along, didn't you?" I was tying the knots together. "So this little club of yours." I made a face. "The death eaters club?" I spatted the word out like an insult.

"Ah, so she does know." My mother said, relieved, and turned towards my father. "I told you she knew." she said calmy.

"So you are death eaters? Pretending my whole life you didn't even know of magic?" I was shouting by now. Anna's hand tightened around my shoulder in distress. My Papa came closer to me.

"We wanted another future for you, but here we are." He whispered in my ear.

"What does that even mean? If you don't support the dark side, why even joining ?" I screamed. A few heads turned my direction. My dad grabbed me hard by my arm. Anna flinched at his movement.

"Shut it, you don't just step away from the dark side, child." His tone was dead serious by now. My mom looked around us, anxious anyone had heard me. "We do support it." He straightened himself and spoke louder. "And I see you made yourself very comfortable here too, without our influence." He nodded at Anna and then looked up at the balcony. My heart dropped when I followed his gaze. My eyes were met with his. On the balcony stood Draco, standing in disbelieve of the scene that just happened here. We looked at each other for a severe second before he turned around and walked away. It felt good to lay my eyes on him again. Wish it was under different circumstances.

"Are you all right?" Anna jerked me towards her. I was staring in blank space, letting a tear roll over my perfectly Rosey cheek.

"I am surrounded by the dark side, dark is all around me." I whispered to her. "My best friend, my parents, the boy I like." I let it all out, not wanting to pretend anymore. "What does that make me?" I looked at her hazel brown eyes, blurred by tears.

"The only good person here." She whispered back, resting her forehead against mine.

"I can't believe it." I sighed deeply, trying to control my emotions.

"I am so sorry I never connected the dots." She cried out with me.

"Well, guess we are family now." I straightened myself and smiled at her, trying to make the energy a bit more light. "You look very good." I complimented her.

"We were always family, Vic. Darkside or not." She gave me a warm smile. Gosh what would I do without her. "Have you looked at yourself girl? You look stunning." She eyed me from head to toe.

"My mom chose my dress... I think I look like a walking snowball." I said jokingly.

"I think you are dashing, Draco thinks the same." She smiled at me and then looked past me, to something I couldn't see. "He can't keep his eyes off you." She whispered in my ear. My cheeks burned at her words. I could practically feel his presence behind me. Anna took a few steps back and disappeared. I turned around, knowing who I was about to meet. He looked even more handsome than I could think. His platinum blond hair was styled in a pompadour and he was wearing an all-black suit. His eyes fixed onto my throat.

"I heard about your parents." He began. "Are you all right? Must be a chock." His eyes were neural, his hands in his pockets.

"Yes."

"You are wearing my necklace." His voice was soft. He nodded at my neck and my favourite smile formed itself onto his lips. I had to look away.

"I didn't have anything else in silver." I stated. I was surprised at the intense feeling of relieve I had that I was finally talking to him again. I had missed this obnoxious boy so much, but would never admit it. Not even to myself.

"Well, it suites you." I felt his eyes burning onto mine. Am sure mine were doing the same. I just smiled, the energy between is was a bit awkward.

"What have you been up to this summer?" I examined his face carefully. He twitched uncomfortably at my question and looked away.

"Nothing special." He managed to get out.

"But special enough to not reply on my letters?" I quirked an eyebrow.

"About that..." He began.

"I don't really care, I was just bored." I said in an attempt to sound less obsessive.

"I've read all of them, and so did my mother. I wanted to reply, but my letters are always checked. Our owls bring them to my mother or father first. No privacy whatsoever." He explained himself, pulling on his sleeves. I felt bad for being so angry at him.

"Oh." I was stunned.

"Yea, sorry. Didn't know I could expect a letter from you so I didn't care to tell you not to." He gave me his warm gentle smile.

"No, it's all right, my mistake." I scratched my head, uncomfortably.

"So, death eater."

"Yeah, guess you will be seeing me more now." I regretted this in an instance. I lowered my face, hiding the fact that my cheeks were glowing again. He always made them glow. I heard him laugh. His eyes slide of me onto someone else. His attention was diverted completely towards this other person now. I turned around to see who he was looking at. Behind me stood a beautiful young lady with long black hair and a skin as fair as my dress. She wore a black silk dress that complimented her skin perfectly. A sharp feeling of jealousy stabbed me right into the stomach. When I looked back at Malfoy, he was still staring at her. Autch. This is why I need to keep my distance from him. "Will see you around." I turned at him again and stepped away from our conversation. I felt anger taking over again. Who was that girl. I stepped outside the room and sat myself on a bench leaning against the wall, trying to catch up with every though I had since the discovery that I was one of the dark side's family members.