Chapter 15: shiny wrapping paper

I walked back to our dormitories, my head spinningand dancing around the room. Anna had stopped by the Gryffindor common room tosay hi to Seamus. She had asked me to come with her multiple times, but I can'tbe there without that aching feeling rushing to the surface that I was tryingso hard to keep down. That place was bound with memories. I danced towards mybed and sat myself down on the green silk sheets. It had been a while since Ihad fun like this. I reached for my robe and threw it away on the chair besidemy bed. Something fell out of the pockets in mid-air. It was Fred's tie. I rememberit as if it was yesterday, leaving the Gryffindor room with a red flushed faceand a wrong tie around my neck. I supressed the feelings that tried to enter mybody. I just looked at it for a couple of seconds before picking it up. Ibrought it closer to my face and smelled it. It still smelled like him. Tearspricked my eyes. I looked at it while my fingers slid carefully over the silkyfabric, a tear now rolling down my cheek. The overwhelming heavy feeling in myheart was unbearable, in that moment I had forgotten all about my good time in Hogsmeade. It was the day before Christmas eve, everybody was looking forwards to the feast that was coming up. For most of the students, today was their last night at Hogwarts before returning home. For me, it was the beginning of a lonely holiday. "You look dashing, but so sad." Anna stared. Her nose scrunched at the sight of me. "But dashing." She continued. I laughed and looked down at my shoes. I was wearing a red silk dress that didn't really let anything to anyone's imagination. I was wearing red in honour for the Weasley family, more for Fred to be honest. It was the only thing left of him, the colour red. It complimented great with my dark hair that was hanging messily over my shoulders. Wasn't going to put that much effort in just a diner. Again, the fact that I, a Slytherin, was wearing red, made a lot of people upset. Both Slytherins and Gryffindors were giving me nasty looks the moment I stepped foot in the great hall. I wore it with pride. The Great Hall was decorated with even more lights than normal. Two very big Christmas trees, welcoming you in the entrance. Snow was falling out of the sky, feeling like a blanket around you. It was stunning to look at. Everything at Hogwarts was stunning to look at. Even the portraits on the wall had dressed up. I walked over to my seat, in the back of the table, passing the whole Slytherin community. I looked over my shoulder a couple of times, feeling eyes being pressed in my back. I saw Malfoy gazing at me from behind his plate, his eyes telling something I didn't understand. His hair was hanging over his forehead and his back was slightly bent over the table. He stared, not planning to lower his gaze anytime soon. It gave me weird twisted feeling in my stomach. Fog crept inside my skull and suddenly I didn't knew how to walk anymore. I almost tripped over fabric of my own dress. Luckily I caught myself just in time and managed to make it gracious. I tried to ignore him after I ripped my eyes of him. I seated myself next to Anna who was for once sitting at our table. Derek was again nowhere to be seen. Plates were piled up before us with a lot of silverware next to it. It bothered me that Malfoy's eyes were still glued onto me. I looked over my shoulder again, regretting it in an instant. Most of the people in the back were I fact staring at me, not only Malfoy. Funny I had only noticed him. "You are the talk of the hour." Anna whispered in my ear in a teasing tone and nodded to all of the people behind me.

"Never saw a Slytherin in red." I sighted looking down at my plate.

"Even Draco can't keep his eyes off you." She straightened herself in her seat and quirked an eyebrow.

"You are over him right?" I made it sound casual. I shredded a piece of my bread and dipped it into my soup.

"Don't know what you're talking about." Was her response. She looked at her plate, irritated.

"You know, your feelings for him ar-." I couldn't finfish my sentence. A sudden stiff grip on my shoulders let me almost choke on my soup. The hands were cold against my bare skin.

"Feelings towards who?" A smiling voice came closer, seating itself in the middle of me and my best friend. I looked at him. His hair was exactly the way it was before, hanging over his forehead nonchalantly, jet it looked so good. He was wearing a black suit with complimenting silver jewellery. He looked directly at me with a small smirk on his face, his body turned forwards.

"None of you business actually." I quicky said when I was done dying. "You are cold." I said, hiding my flushed face. He tucked his hands between his legs.

"isn't it, well guess what?" He said with a sarcastic smile on his face. His body turned towards mine. Our legs were almost touching at this point. I swear I could almost feel it brushing against my bare skin. It almost gave off sparks and my attentions was totally invested in this little scene down here. "Hello." He waved before my eyes, catching my attention. He followed my eyes and looked at our legs, who were about to touch. He gave me a push with his right leg, overcrossing the little distance there was between us.

"Little touchy today, aren't you." I pulled my leg away. My knee was on fire from his gentle touch.

"Little attention seeker today, aren't you." He said harshly, quirking an eyebrow in annoyance. "Still mourning over that Weasley boy I see." My mind was suddenly as sharp as a knife, stabbing my brain till it bled.

"You don't know sh-." He interrupted my scoffing's.

"Anywayyyssss." He began. "I got you for Secret Santa." He was annoyed. He stood up and threw a little gift over my shoulder, regretting our conversation. It was neatly wrapped in shiny black paper. I turned my body in the other direction and grabbed his wrist while he walked away. He stopped and looked over, not cringing at my touch like I had.

"What a coincidence, I got you too." I said in an cold tone, my eyes narrowed from frustration. He stood right behind. I gave him his gift over my head, not wanting to look at him again. He grabbed the little box, careful to not touch my hand. Without saying another word, he walked back to his friends.

"that was weird." I commented, trying to hide my embarrassment.

"I swear you guys are going to kill each other at some point." Anna replied with too much humour in her tone.

"Be honest, do you still have feelings for him or not?"

"Why? Are you interested in dating him?" She turned towards me and gave me a wide smile. I was relieved to see that smile again. I sighed loudly.

"Ew, no hair on my head thinks about it." I spatted out.