Chapter 25: Romeo and Juliet

Luna's POV

'Romeo and Juliet', my Dad wanted to gift this painting, to his Juliet, to the love of his life, to my Mother, to his beloved wife. Who forgot him, after a few years, of his death. She replaced my Dad with some other man. I want this painting, because she wants it badly. I want to hurt, the same way she always hurts me.

Cole looks at me, while sipping his drink, but he doesn't say anything. And I am surprised by his silence,"Are you okay?", I ask him.

"Yeah, what has happened to me?", He shrugs.

"You are not, trying to stop, me from, bidding on this painting",

"If I would try, to stop you, will you stop?",

"No", I am determined, to hurt my Mom. I want her to feel, what it likes to, lost something that you wanted so badly. When my Dad died, I needed my mother, but she was not there. She was busy in her work. I have not only, lost my Dad, but I have also lost, emotional support of my mother. I lost something, which I used to call my family.

"So, that is why, I am not trying also", he says and takes a sip of his drink.

Hazel Gomez comes on the stage with her dazzling golden dress,"Hello everyone, Good Evening, thank you so much, for coming for this charity art auction, your contribution, in this art auction, will benefit the education of orphan children. So now we will start this art auction", she completes her small speech. And two Men brings the 'Romeo Juliet', painting.

"The first painting, for bidding is none other than, the famous painting Romeo and Juliet", Hazel points at the painting, with her hand.

"The painting is beautiful just like you", Cole tells me.

"Huh", comes out from my mouth, out of surprise, because Cole have never complimented my beauty, since we started our fake relationship. He looks different also, but I don't know, what is the element in him, that is looking different.

"Thank you", I have to focus on bidding the highest on Romeo and Juliet painting. I will find later on, What is up with Cole.

........................................................................

"So people, start bidding your money, for this famous Romeo and Juliet painting", Hazel tells everyone.

"Twenty million dollars", As I had expected, Mom starts the bidding.

"Twenty million dollars, one", Hazel says.

"Fifty million dollars", Mr. Smith Bids. Why the hell he wants this painting, he has been divorced three times, and I don't think, looking at his age, any romance is left in his life.

"Fifty million dollars, one",

"Ninety million dollars", Mrs. Bennett bids.

"Ninety million dollars, one",

"A Hundred million dollars", Mom bids.

"A Hundred Million dollars one",

"A Hundred million dollars, two", Hazel says in excitement.

I have to bid fast. Tough I have been to, auctions several times, I had never bid on anything. Taking a deep breath I bid," two hundred million dollars",

Mom looks at me with wide eyes, not only my mother but everyone looks at me, with wide eyes.

"Two hundred million dollars, one",

"Two hundred million dollars, two",

"And two hundred million dollars, three", Hazel shouts the numbers in excitement,"and the Romeo and Juliet, painting is now belongs to Miss. Luna Brown.

I hold my hands in excitement,"Look Cole I got the painting", I look towards Cole, but he is not there on his sit.

"Cole?", Where the hell, is he?, I look around myself, but I am not able to see him anywhere. So I get up, from my sit. Avoiding my mother's gaze, I leave our table, to look for Cole.

After, five minutes I find Cole. And he is talking to a pillar.

"You look so beautiful today, and I want to kiss you so hard Luna", he says to a pillar.

"What?",

"Luna", he looks at me, with wide eyes, and then he looks to the pillar,"There are two-two  Luna here",

"That is not Luna, it's a pillar, and what is wrong with you?, why are you talking to a pillar?",

He ignores my question,"You are so beautiful", he comes closer to me,"Are you real", he takes my hand, in his and squeezes, "you are so soft", he tells me.

"All thanks to my moisturizer, but what is up with you, you look dizzy", I step closer to Cole, there is only one inch difference between our mouth now.

"I am not dizzy, I feel light, I feel so much lighter now", he replies. And as I had suspected, I smell alcohol in his breath.

"You are drunk Cole", I take a step back.

"I am not drunk, I don't drink alcohol, I am not twenty-one yet", he gasps.

"Okay, you are not drunk", I try to handle, this drunk Cole with patience,"but, what did you drink, that made you so light?",

"I drink...I drink, that drink", he points to a waiter, with a red color drink.

"You drank sex on the beach?",

"No! I am virgin",

"Oh my God! Cole, you are so wasted",

"I am thirsty, I want that tasty drink", he takes a step to walk, but I hold his hand, to stop him.

"You are not going anywhere, we are going home",

"No! I don't want to go home, I want that tasty red drink",

"No!!", I snap.

"Don't get mad please!", he pouts,"my heart aches, when you get mad, at me", he pats on his heart, dramatically.

I have to take Cole, from here before, he creates a scene,"okay, I will not get mad, at you, I promise, now let's go from here",

"Okay", he nods.

........................................................................

"That car is following us?", Cole tells me, looking behind at a truck.

"First, that is a truck not a car, and secondly that truck is following us, to deliver the Romeo and Juliet painting, at your house", I tell him.

"Okay, Romeo and Juliet", he rests his head, on my shoulder.

"My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have, for both are infinite",

Did he quote Shakespeare from Romeo and Juliet?. Off course I haven't read Drama, but I have watched it so many times, that to in London.

"Thus with a kiss I die", Throughout our drive, to his house, he didn't stop, quoting Shakespeare.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for new chapter, till next Wednesday. Don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX