Chapter 57: Inevitable

Luna's Pov

I open my eyes and the first thing I saw is Cole's face. He looks adorable while sleeping like a baby.

Wait a minute!

Why is Cole sleeping beside me? I get up from the bed startled. And I look down at my body. I am naked! So do Cole.

And then slowly my mind starts to catch up with the events of last night.

No! No! This can't happen. I again look at naked Cole sleeping peacefully.

Oh, No!! This is true. I slept with Cole. I lost my virginity to my fake boyfriend.

What the hell I was thinking last night? I was not drunk, I was sober, but when I kissed Cole last, I start to crave for more. It was true, I wanted him so badly last night. And I mean it when I said, "I want you tonight, all of you", but now when all those sex hormones which had clouded my thoughts are gone, I can see clearly that last night was a mistake.

I can't face Cole when he wakes up. I can't bear those green eyes on me right now.

Wasting no time on the thoughts of last night. I take my dress, which was lying on the floor, I put it on. And I snuck out from Cole's house.

.................

For the past fifteen minutes, I am in the school's washroom, hiding from Cole. He usually comes twenty minutes before school starts. So, he will be in school any minute now, and I still don't know how to face him. I had decided to skip school today so that I can avoid him easily, but I got restless thinking about last night's events. I can still hear his moans, the way he called my name passionately, the way he looked at me like I am the most beautiful in this world. All those thoughts made me restless. So to find some distinction from my erotic thoughts, I came to school one hour before school starts.

"Hey", Britney says as she enters the washroom.

"Hi",

"You look different", she tells me.

" What?",

"Yeah! Your face is glowing today",

I look in the mirror beside me," Yeah! You are right",

"Did you have sex?", she asks me curiously.

" No!", I lie.

"No!! You are lying, your face is flushed and is glowing, and only sex can give this flushed glow",

" No! I did not have sex!", I snap.

"Okay! Okay.", she throws up her hands in defeat.

" I am using, new skincare products and this flushed glow is because of them", I tell her, and I walk out of the washroom, before giving any chance to Britney to ask any more questions.

........................................................................

Cole Pov

I can't believe Luna and I slept together. I mean, we had earlier kissed each other, but sleeping with each other is huge. We practically lost our virginity to each other. Yesterday was the best day of my life. And was also the best birthday I ever had, but when I woke up today, I was disappointed when I didn't find Luna beside me. She was gone, but she left behind her fragrance, I can still smell her on my body.

I want to know what Luna thinks about all this. When we had kissed the first time, she had ignored that incident completely, but this is different, and I want to know where our relationship stands after all this.

"Is this a hickey on your neck?", Sarah asks me as we walk towards the school entrance.

"What? No!",

" Stop lying our rooms share a wall Cole, I heard everything yesterday", she tells me with a mischievous grin.

"I am really not comfortable talking about this with my sister",

" Okay", she chuckles.

"But Cole listen, I think you should tell her, how you feel about her", she adds in a serious tone.

" Do you think she likes me?", I ask her, the question whose answer I want to know desperately.

"I think only Luna can you right answer", she shrugs.

" Yeah, you are right",

"Okay, Bye, I have promised Rose to meet her before class starts",

" Okay Bye",

"And by the way, if you are telling Luna about your feelings, best of luck", she tells me with a smile and goes.

I collide with Luna outside the girls' washroom. I had searched for her everywhere in school, but she was nowhere to be found, and when I asked one girl about Luna she told me, she is in the washroom. So, I came here, and I luckily found her.

"What are you doing here?", Luna looks startled.

"I was looking for you",

" Why?", she asks, avoiding eye contact from me.

"You know why, I want to talk to you, but not here, let's go to the storeroom", I take her hand and I take her in the storeroom.

" So?", Luna says as I turn towards her, closing the storeroom door behind me.

"So, I want to talk to you about last night",

" I am so sorry Cole for the last night, last night was a mistake", as soon as the words come out of her mouth, I felt like someone has put the knife in my heart.

"What? Last night was a mistake for you?", I ask her in the hope, that this time her answer will change.

" Yes!", but her answer didn't change, it became more firm.

"But you made the first move, and you told me that you are sure about it",

" Yes, I know! I made the first move, and I told you that I am sure about it because at that movement I was sure about it, but now I regret it, don't you regret it? Don't you think it was a mistake?",

"No! I will never regret it, it was the best thing that happened to me on my birthday because I made love to a girl with whom I am in love",

" What?", she asks, looking into my eyes.

"I love you Luna", I say the three words knowing exactly I will not hear them back.

"Cole, listen to me", she takes steps closer to me, but I take steps back," I know you lost your virginity to me, and I know it is a huge thing, and maybe because of that, you think you are in love with me",

"Luna I am not in love with you from yesterday, I am in love with you, for a very long time, I did not tell you because I didn't have the courage",

" Cole", Her blue eyes, look at me with pity.

"Trust me I tried very hard not to fall for you, I knew our relationship was fake, I told myself, again and again, that you are out of my league, that we belong to two different worlds, that you will never be mine, but the more I try to resist it, the more deeply I fell in love with you ", Unable to hold any more pain, tears start to roll down from my eyes.

" I don't know what to say",

"Don't say anything, but I can't do this anymore",

" What you can't do anymore?",

"I can't be your fake boyfriend anymore"

" So that's it then",

"Goodbye Luna", I open the door and walk out of the storeroom, breaking my fake relationship at the same place it was started.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for the next chapter, till next Wednesday. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX