Chapter 45: Out of League

Cole's Pov

"Luna, Can I dance with you?", Ray asks Luna and ruins our movement. Our perfect movement, he ruined our perfect movement.

" What?", Luna asks him by getting off-guard with his sudden question.

For God's sake, Luna, don't say 'Yes. For my sake, don't go with him.

Please!!

She looks at me and then at him.

Please, Luna, please don't go with him.

"Well your new boyfriend, will not mind if I stole you for just one dance", Says Ray the playboy.

Of course, I will mind. You jerk. Instead of saying this, I wait for Luna to say 'No' to him.

Luna looks at me and asks, "Cole do you mind if I have one dance with Ray?",

Something inside me ache, but I bite my tongue and said," No", I lied. Hoping Luna would catch my lie and will not dance with Ray, but she didn't. She didn't catch my lie.

"Okay", she says and leaves my hand and holds Ray's hand.

I tried to stop it. Honestly, I tried to stop, falling in love with Luna, but I failed. I am in love with Luna, but she doesn't love me. And why would she?. She is way out of my league. She is Luan Brown and I am Cole Davis. We are never meant to be together. I knew this from the start, but the heart always wants something which you cannot have.

........................................................................

Luna's Pov

He places his hand on my waist and looks at me with his perfect charming smile. And old memories of our relationship come rushing back to me.

I know nobody would understand, why I still want Ray. Honestly speaking I also don't know the answer, but I loved him. And I don't know how to let go. I mean you love someone, and you give your everything to them, your heart and soul. And when something goes wrong. We have to let it all go, but I don't know how to let go. How to give up on all this. So not able to give up on Ray I made this whole plan of fake relationship with Cole, to make him jealous so that he would realize what he lost. And now when this plan is working, Ray is jealous. So why I am not feeling happy?.

"Luna, did you hear, what I said?", Ray asks.

" No",

"You look beautiful, this Dress is made for you", he compliments

"Thanks", I smile slightly.

" Can I ask you something?",

"Yeah",

" Why are you with that Nerdy Boy?, I mean he is not your type?",

"Don't you dare to comment on my relationship, he may be a nerd, but he is awesome", I tell him angrily.

" Okay! Okay! I will not say anything about your relationship", he looks a little disappointed, by my reaction to his comment, but what is wrong with me, why I am getting mad if someone is saying something bad about Cole and my fake relationship?.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for the next chapter, till next Wednesday. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX