Chapter 22: Charity Art Auction

Cole's Pov

I am so nervous for today, it's the day, of the party of Hazel Gomez. Sorry! Not a party it's a charity art auction. Where Luna wants to introduce me, to The Jenny Bloom, she is one of the famous publisher in Seattle. And I am not so ready for this meeting.

"Dad!!", I call loud, enough to hear the entire building, where I live.

"What?", He asks, from the kitchen.

"Where are my shoes?", I want my best shoes today, they are not fancy, but they are decent enough I think, to wear in a charity art auction.

Dad comes to my room,"Which one?", He asks

"The Black one",

"Have you checked, the shoe rack?",

"Yes, they are not there",

"May be, they are in Sarah's room",

"Why my shoes, are in Sarah's room", I snap, and instantly feel bad, for snapping at Dad, "sorry Dad", I apologize immediately.

"It's okay", he says, and I pass through him, and I go to Sarah's room.

"Where are my shoes?", I ask Sarah, who was doing her homework.

"I don't know", she shrugs.

I open her, cupboard, and I pull her all clothes out, from the cupboard, in search for my shoes.

"What the hell, are you doing?", Sarah shouts.

I ignore her, and I continue my search for black shoes. I know I am overeating, but I am nervous, and worried. What if Jenny Bloom didn't like me?, What if my story is not good enough, to be published?, and by chance, if it gets published, what if readers, don't like it?.

"I found your shoes", Dad interrupts my thoughts.

And what he found?

"Cole, Dad found your shoes", Sarah tells me, and then only I realize that, Dad found my shoes.

I rush to my room, and I find my Dad, with Black shoes, in his hands, "where do you found them?",

"It was under your bed", he tells me, but I had, searched shoes under my bed, haven't I?. I am hundread percent losing my mind, out of stress.

Sarah comes to my room, and looks at black shoes and then to me,"Are you okay?",

"Yeah, I am fine", I lie.

"You don't look fine",

"What?, Is my blue shirt, doesn't look good on me?",

"I am not talking about you, I am talking about your mind",

"He just a little nervous", Dad looks at me and smiles.

"He just not little nervous, he is freaking out", Sarah tells me, the harsh truth.

I wear my shoes, and I take my file from the table, with my shaking hands,"I am going now, or I will get late for the party, sorry! For the charity art auction", I still can't even make the difference, between party, and charity art auction. I don't know what I will do there?.

"All the best", Dad and Sarah says in unison.

"Thank you" I smile faintly, and after taking deep breaths, I walk out from the door.

........................................................................

I reach to the venue, which Luna had messaged me. And I see Luna standing in the entrance. I am already nervous, and looking at Luna, in a black short, shiny dress, is making my heart pop.

Luna looks at me, and says,"Thank God! You came, I was afraid, that you might not come", That would have been, a good idea.

"And why are you not wearing tux?", She asks.

"Because I don't have one", I shrug.

"You should have told, me I would have arranged for you",

This whole idea of meeting Jenny Bloom, is wrong. And now I am not wearing a tux also,"I think we should cancel this meeting, and I should go home", I turn to leave.

Luna holds my hand, and stops me,"Are you mad, you are not going anywhere", she snaps. She looks at me, and sighs," It's okay if you are not wearing a tux, you are still looking dashing, and I think Jenny likes authentic people".

"Really?",

"Yeah I think, all bookish people, like authentic things and people", she thinks she is not sure.

"Cole don't worry, just be yourself", being myself, is not a good idea, because I am boring, and usually people don't like me.

"I am hundred and one percent sure, that Jenny will like your story, and whatever happens there I am with you, through thick and thin", Luna's assuring words clam my nerves, a little, and we enter the room, full of fancy people.

Luna's POV

Cole looks so nervous, and I can see this, on his face clear as day. I don't know if he knows this, that he have a severe inferiority complex, he doesn't know his own worth. And this is the only big problem with him, because his only obstacle towards his goal is he, himself.

"Jenny will be, somewhere here only", I tell Cole, but he doesn't reply.

"There is she", I spot Jenny is red dress, and I look at Cole, who looks totally stressed out.

"I can't do this", he says, in anxious voice.

"What?",

"I am sorry Luna, I can't do this", he tells me, and walks out.

Author's Note
Hi guys, I am sorry for the short chapter today, I was just busy with some stuff. Next Wednesday it will be, definately a long chapter. And Merry Christmas in advance. And stay tuned for new chapter.
With lots of Love XX