Chapter 62: Lost

Cole's Pov

"Hey, can I come in?", Sarah asks, standing at my bedroom door.

" From when you start to ask?",

"Since you stopped sharing stuff with me", she comes inside and sits on my bed.

"What? I did not get you",

" I heard you and Luna's conversation, the other night",

"Oh!",

" Why did you say all those stuff to her, about you being her backup plan?",

"Because I feel like that",

" Cole, you are not her backup plan, she loves you, and you can't punish her for realizing it late",

"Why are you taking her side?",

"I am not taking her side, Cole, I just want you to understand her point of view", I can't believe this is the same Sarah who used to hate Luna.

"I have always tried to understand her, but this time I can't understand her, at one movement she was in love with Ray, and on the next movement she realized she is in love with me?",

" She is in love with you, for a very long time",

"I can't believe you are saying this because you were the one who had always told me that Luna will break my heart one day",

" Yeah, I know because at that time I thought she is using you, but I think she loves you now with all her heart", is it only me who thinks Luna doesn't love me? Even Sarah who always discouraged me about my love for Luna thinks that she loves me and that also with all her heart.

She continues," if you don't change your mind Cole, and stubbornly sticks to your idea that you are Luna's backplane, you are going to lose the love of your life".

Before I can say anything further to Sarah, Char comes, "Co",

"Char?",

"Co, I want to talk to you about something", she tells me, and then looks at Sarah, "alone",

"Okay", Sarah smiles at Char politely, and looking one last time at me, she goes.

"What happened? Is everything okay?", I ask.

"Yeah everything is fine, I just want to tell you something", She sits beside me on the bed, then stands up, looking at me, she takes a deep breath and then sits back again. What has happened to her? She is looking nervous today.

" Yeah tell", I smile to ease her nerves.

She takes my hands, "Co, Cole",

Why is she holding my hand?

" Yeah",

"I wanted to tell you about this for so long, but I was unable to muster the courage to tell you",

" About what, Char?",

"That I love you, I love you, Cole I was in love with you maybe since childhood when  I came back to Seattle, I was planning to meet you, but I was afraid that maybe after all this year you must have been changed, but when I met you in the mall, I saw you are the same Cole my Cole, my childhood love awakened after meeting you, but it also got crushed when I came to know that you have a girlfriend now, but still, I didn't give up on my love, I didn't lose hope because I knew Luna is not right for you, she doesn't know you the way I know you, she cannot love you, the way I love you",

I look at Char startled, unable to utter a word from my mouth. And when I was about to open my mouth, I hear shattering glass, I turn my head towards the sound of shattering glass and I see Luna standing at my door, looking pale as white as if someone has soaked every ounce of blood from her body. The bottle of champagne has broken in front of her feet, but she is moving away from the broken glass. She is just standing there looking lifeless.

I ran to her and pulled her away from the broken glass bottle," Luna! Are you okay? Did you get hurt?",

"No, I am sorry for the mess, I came here to tell you that your short story is going to publish, so I came with fruit Champagne to celebrate your success", she looks at me and then toward Char.

What my short story is going to be published?

" Really?",

"Yeah? Jenny did not tell you this because she wanted to give me the chance to tell you this good news",

" Wow! I can't believe my story is going to be published",

"Congratulations Cole, I am happy for you, you are lucky you are getting both success and love at the same time", she looks at me dejected," I think I should go now", she walks out of my room.

I think Luna heard everything which Char told me.

I go behind her, "Luna",

She turns around, and her blue eyes meet mine," What?", and I  see the pain in her eyes.

"What happened?",

" I heard everything, Charlotte loves you, and she is right she knows you better than me. I know Cole I don't deserve you, you are too good for me, and I get it you don't love me anymore", Her eyes have become watery ready to shed all the pain from them, but before any teardrop drops from her eyes, she says, "Bye Cole", she goes and this time I don't follow her.

She was hurt, she was really hurt. The pain I saw in her eyes was real. And I know this type of pain, only love can give this type of pain. Then that means she loves me, she really loves me, Luna Brown Loves me.

........................................................................

Luna's Pov

I never felt this type of pain before, not even when Ray broke up with me. The pain which I am feeling right now is unbearable, and I feel like I will never be able to recover from this pain. Cole doesn't love me anymore, he didn't say a word when Charlotte said that I can't love Cole the way she loves him.

"Miss Luna", Grace opens the door.

All the tears all the pain which I was holding starts to fall from my eyes, "Grace", I hug her.

" Miss Luna, What happened?",

"I lost Cole, Grace, I lost my Love", I sob in her arms.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for the last chapter of Dreamcatcher: Nerdy Boy & The Mean Girl, till next Wednesday. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots Love XX