Chapter 31: Valentine's Day

Cole's POV

It's been one week since, Luna got suspended from school. Today her suspension ends, and she can come to school. It's been also one week since we kissed in real, but we didn't talk about it, but I wanted to talk about it, but whenever I tried to bring up the topic about our kiss, she would change the topic every time. So I stopped bringing up the topic about our kiss.

In this one week, we completed half of our literature assignment. And Luna's cast was also removed. She was so happy that day, that she hugged me, in hospital. So over all Luna utilized her suspension very well.

I walk in, in our dining room, and I see our dining table is covered in red color food items,"why is our dining  table is looking like a red velvet cake?", I ask, Dad and Sarah who were, sitting on a chair, waiting for me.

"You really don't know why?", Sarah raises her eyebrow.

"No", I shrug.

"Today is Valentine's Day Cole", Dad tells me,"you have a girlfriend, how can you forgot about Valentine's Day",

"Because, I never had a girlfriend",

"Don't tell me you forgot to, bring a gift for your girlfriend",

"I don't think, Luna care about Valentine's Day and all",

"Are you kidding me?, She is Luna Brown, of course she cares about Valentine's Day", Sarah tells me.

I have to buy a gift for Luna on Valentine's Day. I know she is not my real girlfriend, but I want to buy something for her. Likewise, I know like an idiot I forgot about Valentine's Day, but now that Dad and Sarah reminded me, I will make this Valentine's Day memorable for Luna.

........................................................................

Luna's POV

Cole is late today, he usually comes early to school. After waiting Cole for fifteen minutes, at the school entrance, I came inside. And I  see school is covered in Red. Today is Valentine's Day and so students have decorated the entire school, in red balloons. And everyone is giving each other roses and chocolate. There was a time when I used to wait for Valentine's Day, but this year I don't know what is my relationship status is?, I am not single, nor in relationship, I am in fake relationship.

As I walk in the hallway, Britney comes in front of me, and stops me," What is it Britney?", I ask her.

"You are back, so I am welcoming you", she smirks.

"Your hand looks good",

"Yeah! It still pains sometimes, but Ray is taking so much care of me after that incident, that because of his love, it healed so fast", because it was not broken at first.

"Good for you", I try to walk past her, but she stops me again.

"What is it Britney, I will get late for school", I snap, I am trying my best, to be calm around her, but she is such a bitch, that she is intentionally, trying to provoke me.

"Look there", she points towards her locker, and it is filled with Valentine's Day cards"Ray did this for me, he also sent dozens of roses at my house",

"You know right, that Ray is allergic to roses, so it's bad that he personally didn't bought you dozens of roses", and now it's my time to show my smug face.

Cole's POV

I see Luna and Britney talking to each other, and looking at both of their faces, it doesn't look it's going very well.

I rush towards Luna,"Luna", I say and puts my hand around her waist, and she looks at me with wide eyes.

"Hi Britney, would you mind, if I stole my girlfriend, for a bit", I look at Britney and then towards Luna.

"She is all yours", she smiles wickedly.

"Let's go Lu", I say, and I take Luna to the storeroom.

"What was that", she asks me, as soon as I close the door of the storeroom.

"You and Britney were talking, and looking at both of your faces, it seemed you both were on the verge of a fight, and right now, Luna you can't afford any fight, especially with Britney",

"Okay, but why you dragged me here?",

"Because", I pull out a small box wrapped in red paper, I bought something for her on my way to school,"Happy Valentine's Day", I say, and my heart is ponding in my chest right now.

"Oh! Happy Valentine's Day", she opens the box, and takes the cuff bracelet, in her hands, which I bought for her, its simple silver cuff bracelet, but there is 'I will be there for you',  written on top of it.

"I didn't know, if we can celebrate Valentine's Day, like normal couples, as we are not a real couple, so I was confused what to gift you, so I am sorry I just, bought this simple bracelet for you",

"It's beautiful Cole, thank you", she hugs me. Something has changed between us since that kiss, and I want to know where we stand after that kiss, because everything she does, even this simple hug seems different now.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked this chapter, stay tuned to know what happens to Luna and Cole. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX