Chapter 55: Apology

Cole's Pov

I button up the last button of my navy-blue shirt. Sarah helped me to select this for my birthday party. My birthday party sounds so weird in my head. It's been years since I celebrated my birthday. Every year on my birthday at this time I used to watch 'Rear Window', and eat Pizza, but this year only because of that blonde girl with most alluring eyes. I am breaking my birthday tradition only to make her happy.

"Cole, the guest has arrived", Luna comes into my room and tells me. She is looking breathtaking today wearing that Black slip dress.

" Okay, I am ready", I tell her.

"Wow! Someone is looking dashing dapper", she complements me, making my cheeks flush.

"Thank You",

"But why you are so packed up, just loosen up the two buttons", she walks to me and starts to unbutton my shirt. She smells like roses, and my heart is beating so fast. And it will come out any minute if she doesn't take a step back.

To divert my mind from the fact that Luna is just an inch away from my mouth, and to stop thinking about kissing her. I ask her, "decoration of my birthday party looks good, how you learned to decorate like this?",

She takes a step back after unbuttoning two buttons of my shirt," I learned all about decorating birthday parties, because of Ray, this year his parents told me to organize a birthday party for him, so to give a personal touch I did all the decoration for his birthday party, with help of my cheerleading team", she tells me. And with the mention of Ray's name and hearing how much Luna cared about him, my heart sinks, and something in my stomach hurts.

"Let's go, our guest must be waiting for the birthday boy", she tells me and holds my hand, and takes me to the living room. And the first person I see is Ray.

What the hell is he doing here?

" Did you invited Ray?", I ask Luna.

"I invited everyone from our class, and Ray is part of our class",

I thought Luna wanted to celebrate, my birthday because she wanted to do something for me, but now I think she did all this for Ray to make him jealous.

........................................................................

Luna's Pov

"We will go now", Mr. Davis tells Cole, after cutting his birthday cake.

"Where?", I ask him.

"I will go to the movies and Anna can go wherever she wants to go",

"But why Dad?", Cole asks.

"Because if your parents stay here, your party will be boring, I was a teenager once and I know how teenagers want to celebrate parties", I have to say Mr. Davis is really a cool Dad.

"Okay Dad, bye",

"Bye",

After Mr. Davis and Anna leaves someone shouts, "Where are drinks",

"Food and Drinks are on the Dining table, help yourself to serve", I say aloud.

I look at Cole, who seems off. This is his birthday party but he doesn't seem happy.

"Hey, are okay", I ask him.

"Yeah I am fine", he lies, he doesn't look fine.

"You seems upset, did something happened?",

"No nothing happened, everything is fine", he tells me coldly.

"I will bring you, your special birthday drink, that will cheer you up, and don't worry it's nonalcoholic", I tell him and he nods.

I walk towards the dining table, but I stop midway as I hear a familiar voice calling my name.

I turn around and its Ray, "Hey",

"Hi, how are you?",

"I am good, how are you",

" I am also good, how is your Mom?",

"She is good she is enjoying her honeymoon", I tell him with a smile.

"You both seem to be on good terms now",

"Yeah, we are after she opened up about her feelings to me, I started to understand her", and all this would have been not possible without Cole, he is the reason I and Mom reconciled.

"That's good, By the way Lu, I wanted to talk to you about something",

"Okay, tell me about it",

He takes a deep breath," I am sorry",

"What?"

"I am sorry Luna for cheating on you,
I am sorry for breaking your trust, I am sorry for breaking your heart, and I regret breaking up with you for Britney",

Oh My God!

Oh My God!

Oh my God!

Still not getting over the shock I say," excuse me, I need a drink", and I walk away from him. I wanted to hear an apology from Ray for so long, but now when he finally apologized I don't have anything to say to him.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for the next chapter, till next Wednesday. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX