Chapter 11: Expectations

Luna's POV

I don't why Cole, have problem to be my fake boyfriend. He should feel honored that I asked him, out of all the boys in school. But it is also true that I trust him, out all the boys in school. Other boys from school might take advantage of my vulnerable situation. And I know Cole will never take advantage of my vulnerability.

Look at those two, my boyfriend and my best friend kissing each other in the hallway. Ray my boyfriend who I thought is love of my life, and the one who I thought will never hurt me. And Britney my best friend who I thought would be there for me, through thick and thin.

I walk pass through them, with my broken bones and broken heart. Pretending that I don't care, about them at all. Pretending I don't care that Ray replaced me with Britney. Pretending, I don't care that my best friend out of all people, in the world betrayed me.

"Burger and fries please", I order in canteen, Burger and fries are my new favorite. Because I can't eat food which involves; fork, knife and spoon. Because my right hand is broken and I find myself comfortable eating Burger and fries with my left hand.

I walk to the table, where Cole is sitting, and I sit beside him. And he looks at me like, he is seeing me first time. This boy is weird, but I need him to be my fake boyfriend.

"Why don't you sit, with your friends?", Cole's sister Sarah ask me looking at Mia and Alice at the centre table. I know she doesn't like me. But I don't know why?.

"Because, my friends are backstabbers, and you should feel lucky, that I am sitting with you to, have lunch", I give her perfect answer.

She opens her mouth, to say something, but she looks at Cole and shuts her mouth back.

"So, what you have decided, are you ready?", I ask Cole.

"Luna", He just says my name, instead of answering my question.

"What Cole have decided? And for what he is ready?", Sarah interrupts.

I turn to look at Sarah,"Its none of your business Girl".

"Of course its none of my business, because now you both are best friends right?" She gets up from her chair.

"Sarah", Cole, calls her, but she walks out without listening to him.

"Your sister is headstrong", I tell him, with smile to be nice.

"I am sorry, she is not like this always, she just....", he doesn't complete his sentence, and looks at me.

"It's okay, I don't care about her anyway", I tell him.

"Cole, what you have decided?, are you ready to be my fake boyfriend?"

"Luna, you said, take my time to think about it"

"You are still thinking about it? I told you at morning"

"Exactly you told me in the morning only, just give me time to think"

"Okay", I nod, I Hope Cole decides to be my boyfriend, sorry! Fake boyfriend.

Cole's POV

I knock on the door, and Dad opens the door.

"Hey Kiddo, you are late today, where were you?", Dad asks, me as I pass through him.

"I was with a friend", I was with Luna. But is she my friend?.

"Your Mom, would be happy to know, that you have friends now",

Mom?

"Is she here?"

"No, she is on video call with Sarah, and she was asking for you", he tells me, and goes to the kitchen.