Chapter 61: Cold

Luna's Pov

I can't believe Cole said I treat him like my backup plan, but I never thought of him as my backup. He didn't even give me the chance to explain myself, but I can't give up, I have to convince Cole that he is not my backup plan. And I really love him, and I know I realized my love for him late, but that does mean my love for him is not real.

I call him for the tenth time today, but it goes straight to voice mail again," Cole I know you are avoiding me purposely, but I want to talk to you, and it's important, so, please call me back", I feel so pathetic it's my tenth voice message to him.

I toss my cell phone beside me on the bed, and I bury my face in my hands. And Cole's emotional less face comes in front of my eyes. The way he asked me to go, still surprises me. There was no hint of emotions in his voice. And his pretty green eyes were looking so cold, there was no usual kindness in his eyes. Which I am always used to. I must have hurt him so badly that from an adorable kindhearted person he turned into a stony emotionally less person.

My cellphone rings and disturbs my thoughts.

I hope it's Cole!

I hope it's Cole!

I hope it's Cole!

It's not Cole, it's Jenny Bloom, the publisher, I huff, and I receive the call, "Hey Jenny",

" Hey Luna, how are you?", She asks, from the other side of the call

"I am fine", I lie. How could I be fine?  When the person I love is not ready to believe I love him.

" Then now you are going to be great after hearing the news",

"What News?",

" I am going to publish Cole's short story, in my next short story collection, which is going to feature aspiring writers",

"Really?", I ask in surprise.

"Yeah girl, you were right, your boyfriend is talented",

" Yeah of course", I meant it when I said Cole is talented, "I am so happy, did you tell Cole about this?",

"No! I thought I will give you the opportunity to tell him",

"Yeah, I will tell him", I accept the opportunity of breaking this to Cold with pleasure.

" Thank you, Jenny, Thank you so much",

"Pleasure is all mine, Bye!",

" Bye", I hang up the Call.

Oh My God!

Oh My God!

Oh My God.

Cole's short story is going to be published. He is going to be so happy after hearing this news, but I am not going to tell him this wonderful news on phone. I am going to tell him face to face.

........................................................................

Cole's Pov

I can't believe Luna dares to say that she loves me after she broke my heart brutally.

Yeah! When she said I love you, it was supposed to be a dream come true movement for me, but it was not dream come true movement, instead, I felt insulted because of that movement I realized that I am just a backup plan for her.

She said she realized that she loves me while kissing Ray. I mean seriously? She got back together with him, she went on a date with him, she kissed him, and then while kissing him, she realized that she loves me? Like some stupid climax scene in the Rom-Com movie.

Or maybe she loves me. And I want to avoid accepting the fact that she loves me is because I am afraid that she will hurt me again. No! No. This is not true. The truth is, she doesn't love me. She only thinks she loves me because she is not in love with Ray anymore.

"Cole, where are you lost?", Char asks.

"Nowhere what happened?",

" The waiter is asking for your order", After visiting the Museum we came to this Italian restaurant to have food.

I look at the waiter, who smiles at me, even though I kept him waiting," I will have vodka sauce pasta", Vodka sauce pasta is Luna's favorite, "No!, I don't want Vodka Sauce pasta, I want the White sauce Pasta", I want to avoid everything which reminds me of Luna.

" Okay, Sir", The waiter once again smiles at me and leaves.

"Are you okay, you seem lost today?",

" Yeah, I am okay",

"Okay", she says smiling," Cole today was the best of my life, today I enjoyed a lot at the Museum, the art and everything was beautiful...", My cell phone rings and interrupts Char.

It's Luna she is calling me after every fifteen minutes, but I haven't received one call from her, nor I heard the voice messages she has left for me.

"Why are you not receiving your calls today",

" because Luna is the only person who is calling me today",

"Why she is calling you?",

" I don't know, maybe to say I love you again", I shrug.

"What? She told you she loves you?",

" Yeah",

" did you said it back?",

"No, I told her, I don't want to be her backup plan", I tell Char.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for the next chapter till, the next Wednesday. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX