Chapter 1: Nerdy Boy

Cole's POV

I splash the water on my face, and I  look in the mirror, and comb my dirty blond hair, no matter how much I try them to look stylish, and anything but not boring, they always look boring, and to add something more boring to my personality I wear my spectacles, and wearing my uniform; white shirt and navy blue pants, I am ready for school.

"Good Morning Dad", I walk in, in our small dining room, and sits on the dining table's chair.

"Good morning Cole", Dad looks up at me placing the coffee pot on the table.

My Dad Mark Davis, is nothing like me, he has dark hair, he is in his 40s, but he still looks young and handsome, and most importantly he is not boring like me, he is a chef and according to the kids of my age cooking is more interesting than reading books, the only thing common between my Dad, and I is color of our eyes we have green eyes.

"Sarah!!", He calls  for my sister,"come fast for breakfast its already 7:30am"

"How am I looking? I tried something new today!", Sarah comes and asks in excitement,  she is looking as always, with her dirty blond hair tied in a ponytail, wearing school uniform; white shirt and navy blue skirt, but her face looks different, she has applied makeup on her face! there are black lines under her brown eyes, her cheeks also look pink, and her lips are looking glossy.

"Are you wearing makeup?", Dad looks at his, 15-year-old daughter in surprise.

"Yes!, its looks good on me right?", Sarah pulls the chair, opposite to me and sits on it.

"But Honey!, you are just a kid, you cannot go to school wearing makeup" Dad sits on the chair between me and Sarah.

"Dad! I am 15 and every girl in my school wears makeup"

"But Sarah..."

"Dad!, enough about my makeup", she whines and cuts Dad's sentence in middle, "I am hungry, please give me, your famous banana pancake with a cherry on top", she pouts.

"Okay, but you have to eat two banana pancakes today, both of you", he looks at Sarah then at me.

"Why do I have to eat two pancakes today?, she is the one, who wants to wear makeup, not me", I tell them, taking a sip of coffee.

"Because look at both of you, you both look too thin" he places two pancakes on my plate.

Dad is trying his best to manage between his job and home, after Mom divorced him, and left us. I mean she calls here and now, but she lives in New York now far away from us.

"But Only two, okay Dad", Sarah tells Dad.

"Okay", Dad places four pancakes on her plate.

"Dad!", She whines, making me and Dad laugh at her expression.

.........................................................................

Rovera High School is one of the best Prep high schools in Seattle. In this High, most of the rich people's children study, except me and Sarah.
I don't how my parents pay for this school. They must have to work very ‐ very hard, just to provide our education in this prestigious school.

"I will meet you in the canteen at lunchtime", I say to Sarah, as I grab my Wuthering Heights novel from my locker for today's literature class.

"Cole, I think it's high time, you should make some friends", she tells me.

"What?"

"I mean, you don't have any friends, I am your sister and also your only friend"

"I have tried to make friends, but people are not interested to talk to me" I lock my locker and then I look at Sarah.

"It is because you only talk about novels, stop talking about novels, talk about something else something not boring"

"I love reading books, and if people don't understand my passion for novels and literature, then I can't do anything about it", really people nowadays, don't read novels, they think reading novels is boring stuff, people like watching movies and shows which are adapted from novels, they appreciate movies and shows, but they forgot to appreciate novels.

"If you feel embarrassment, to sit with me, to have lunch, then from Today, onward don't sit with me, I can sit alone", I tell her and turns my back to walk towards my class.

Sarah pulls my bag, and stops me, "Please don't get mad, I really did not want to hurt you".

I turn to face her "I just want you to make some friends, I don't like seeing you alone" I know she didn't mean to hurt me, and she is right I am miserable at making friends.

"Now, please smile" she begs, seeing my miserable unhappy face.

I gave her a fake smile, and the bell rings, telling all the students to enter their respective classrooms.

"Bye now, I will see you at launch time", Sarah waves her hand and rushes towards her classroom.

I always sit at the front desk in every class, for some students it's uncool to sit at the front desk, but for me sitting at the front desk is cool, and we also get to learn better when we sit at the front desk.

"Good Morning students", Mr. Smith wishes us all.

"As I had told all of you, today we are going to study Emily Bronte's classic novel Wuthering Heights", Wuthering Heights is one of my favorite classic novels, and I have read it, maybe 100 times, and I still love to read it.

"As it is a classic novel, so some of you must have read it, so please share your opinion about this novel", As soon as Mr. Smith finishes his sentence I raise my hand, to share my opinion about my favorite novel.

"Only Cole, wants to share his opinion?", Mr. Smith looks at me, and I look around to see, I am the only one who is raising his hand.

"Okay then, Cole share your opinion",

"Wuthering Heights, is one of the best classic novels, and Emily Bronte was a great writer, she has written this novel excellently. In this novel, there is both love and revenge, and most importantly in this novel, we can see two types of love; first is Heathcliff's love for Catherine which is passionate and consuming, and the other is Edgar's love for Catherine which is compassionate and kind"

"Wow!, I am really impressed Cole, by your point of view about this novel, you must be a very good reader", I smile as Mr. Smith praises me.

"What a nerd", somebody whispers from behind, and my smile vanishes.

"As Cole has already given us a brief introduction about Wuthering Heights, now I will give you a full introduction of this novel"

Mr. Smith is giving an introduction to Wuthering Heights, which is one of my favorite classic novels, but my eyes are looking towards the door every five minutes because my eyes are waiting for a blonde girl with blue eyes to enter through that door.

Author's  Note
I hope all of you liked today's chapter, I will publish a new chapter on every Wednesday. I know guys I am not a professional writer, I am just a girl who is learning to write, so please support me guys, and please do vote and comment.
With lots of love XX