Chapter 36: Popular and Lonely

Luna's POV

How can she do this with me? With Dad?. I feel like stupid I was trying to mend my relationship with her. And she was saying yes to Robert. And here I was preparing for lunch, to spend time with her, and she was preparing for her wedding.

After breaking the Romeo and Juliet painting, with my bare hands, I snuck the wine bottle, in my room. Which I was supposed to have with Mom, during lunch.

My heart is paining, the ache which I am feeling right now, due to my mother's betrayal is unbearable. If I recall correctly, I felt the same way, when Ray slept with Britney, but honestly speaking, I am feeling worse than that today.

I open the wine bottle and take a sip from the bottle. And after fifteen minutes, I finish a full bottle of wine, by myself.

Cole's POV

"Luna! Luna!", I knock on the door for the tenth time. I am standing outside Luna's room from the past fifteen minutes, but she is not opening the door of her room. And now I am getting more anxious.

What if she has done something to her, because of her mother. No! No! She can't do that, she is stubborn not stupid, but still she must be having an emotional breakdown regards right now. And you can't trust someone, while having emotional breakdown. I think I should call Mrs. Brown, and tell her to come home, as fast as possible, or I should just break this stupid door, which is between me and Luna.

"Hey! Cole, you are here", Luna opens the door, interrupting my dark thoughts, and relief rushes through my veins, after looking at her.

"Why were you not opening the door, I am knocking on the door, from past fifteen minutes", I yell at her.

"Why are shouting at me", she snaps. She looks different today, something looks  weird about her.

"I was worried about you", I say softly.

"Why? I am celebrating", she tells me, and goes back to her room stumbling, and I go behind her, and I see why Luna looks weird and why she is stumbling. The empty bottle of wine is lying on the floor, and I am suspecting that she must have finished it alone.

"Are you drunk?",

"No", she giggles.

Of course she is drunk!

"Luna are you okay?",

"Of course I am okay, didn't you heard, My mother is going to marry her boyfriend",

"I heard the news, how are feeling about it?", I know I am intruding in her family matter, but I just want to know how she is feeling right now, so that I can understand her.

"Betrayed", she answers.

"Luna I know you are  hurt, and I just want to let you know, whatever happens I am there for you", I come closer to her.

"No! you will also leave me one day", she takes a step back.

"No I will not",

"Can't you see Cole everyone in my life, leaves me alone",

"You are not alone, you are the most popular girl in school, Everyone loves you", I tell her.

"What loves me?", She laughs,"nobody loves me Cole, I may be popular, but I feel so lonely, around those people, sometimes I just wants to escape from everyone and from everything in my life. You know most lonely where I feel, in this castle like house of mine, sometimes I just wants to sleep and never wake up",

Oh my God!

I didn't know that Luna is feeling this lonely and depressed. I always looked at her like a ray of sunshine, but maybe I was wrong.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for next chapter, till next Wednesday. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX