Chapter 54: Birthday Planning

Cole's Pov

"The Great Gatsby", Luna says aloud, as I pull out the novel from the shelf.

"Shh, shh it's a library", I shush her. I don't know why, but today Luna accompanied me to the library.

"Let's sit there", I point towards the empty place beside the window.

"Okay", she whispers.

We sit facing each other, I look out of the window. Today's weather is sunny and beautiful. I look at the novel on the table, and then at Luna. She is my Daisy. Blonde and beautiful. And I am Gatsby, who will never be able to have her.

"Cole", Luna's voice, brings me back to reality.

" What are you thinking?",

"Nothing", Just comparing you to Daisy.

"You have read The Great Gatsby?", I ask her.

"No! I have watched the movie",

" You should read the book, it is superb, you will love it", I tell her.

"Love, I will read the book for you, but first I want to talk to you about something", Love! Wow! How good it sounds whenever she calls me Love.

"About what?", I ask her.

"About your birthday, I want to celebrate your birthday",

" Why?",

"Because I want to do something for you", I don't celebrate my birthday for a reason, and seriously I want to avoid telling that reason to Luna.

"Then read The Great Gatsby for me",

"Gatsby was a delusional fool, stop talking about him", That was harsh if Gatsby was a real person, and not the character from Fitzgerald's novel, then Luna would have made him cry.

"Luna, I don't like to celebrate my birthday because my birthdays never go as planned, and I never like the idea that I have to only feel joy and happiness on my birthday, you know it makes me anxious", I tell her.

"Okay, but trust me this time your birthday will go as planned, I promise",

"But Luna",

"Please for me, Cole",

I sigh, "Okay",

"Really", she cheers up in the excitement.

" Yeah", I love her so much, that I can never say no to her. I would do anything to make her happy.

........................................................................

Luna's Pov

"Luna, is this balloon Garland looks ok?", Mr. Davis asks me.

"Yes Mr. Davis it's perfect, and it looks beautiful", I tell him with a smile.

" I can't believe Cole, you want to celebrate your birthday?", Cole's Mom says to Cole, who is putting lights on with Charlotte. She never leaves Cole alone, wherever he goes she goes.

"It's Cole's special day, and he should celebrate it, and I don't find anything surprising in it", I answer Anna's question for Cole.

" Luna, I want to talk to you about the guest list", Sarah tells me and takes me aside, away from everyone's ears.

"Yeah, tell me about it"

"All these people will come, right?", she shows me the guest list.

" Yeah, of course, why wouldn't they come?

"Looking at all this Cole's birthday preparation gave me Déjà vu, you know when Cole was in middle school, he wanted a big party, so he invited all his classmates but bowl one showed up on his birthday, Cole was so disappointed and embarrassed on that day",

"Oh that is Sad", Maybe because of this Cole stopped celebrating his birthday.

"I know Cole is not a child anymore, but you know right my brother is sensitive",

" I know Sarah, don't worry nothing bad will happen on Cole's Birthday", I assure her.

............................

I rang the bell of Cole's house, with the box of cake in my other hand.

Cole opens the door, "Oh my God", his mouth falls open, looking at me. And the reason for this reaction is the black slip dress that I am wearing. And honestly, I am loving his reaction.

"You look beautiful", he tells me, still not removing his gaze from me.

"I was expecting that you would say sexy, instead of beautiful ",

"oh, I am sorry",

I step closer to him, Happy Birthday Cole", I say and kiss his right cheek.

Author's Note
Hi Guys, tomorrow is one year anniversary of Dreamcatcher: Nerdy Boy & The Mean Girl. And I want to thank all my readers for reading this novel. And I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for the next chapter, till the next Wednesday. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX