Chapter 40

Following the tracks of the road that I came from, I left Lunaris, after everything. I felt absolutely broken, my heart was crippling with pain along with the rest of my body. Using magic to heal my self wasn't an option as the one who attacked me was a witch as well but using magic to die was an option. It was the only way to end my misery and the pain that I had been carrying along for months.

The loud voice of train engine roaring drummed in my ears. There were trains and buses around the area but I dreaded to take any of them as they'll lead me back to Gretel. Everyone in Lunaris were her subjects and I had no intentions on ever going back to her.

I left the town at once and went somewhere far away. They were empty roads around me, and a field behind me that stretched for a miles.

Slumping down on the old, wooden bench, I waited, for a bus that was going to lead me nowhere.

I was drowsy and it was at the middle of the night. The wind was cold and bitter, and the moon was a crescent, it's edge sharp as a knife.

A sigh of frustration left my lips as I watched someone walk slowly across the field. I couldn't see it's face but I was sure it wasn't a creature or a witch.

Leaning over the bench, I closed my eyes and waited until a hand came down my shoulder, scaring the hell out of me.

"Really?"

"Lisa?" My eyes widened.

"You would leave without me?" She asked, disappointed as she slouched beside me. "I'm done,"

"No, no," I shook my head. "How did you leave? What happened?"

"I escaped, just as you did. When Gretel found out that you were gone, Damon helped me to run away as he knew that his ridiculous mother would come and kill me." Lisa explained, rolling her eyes and releasing a huff.

"He did?" Wow. I was amazed. Damon always supported whatever Gretel did except for this one time.

"Yeah, he dropped me off to the train station and I saw you there. I didn't tell him that though."

"So, you were following me?"

"What else?" She struck my shoulders again and I fell down on the bench. "Why did you leave?"

"I don't know." I didn't. "I don't want to be Gretel's little witch anymore," I whispered in the dark and kept looking around, making sure that Damon wasn't following her.

If he was, we'd be both back in Gretel's hell, forever.

Lisa hand lengthened out to mine and she lifted the cloth I was wearing. "You're hurt,"

"I'm fine," I pulled away and hid the marks Gretel had given me. There were too many of them to count. My throat was aching for a breath and my ears were sore after hearing all those voices.

"What did she do?"

"It's okay, Lisa. I'm fine, really." I didn't want to breakdown in front of her. "We should leave," Switching the topic, I stood up.

"Where?"

"Anywhere," I scoffed. Anywhere was better than here. I had been walking for hours and all I felt was pain and pain.

"Luciano?"

My heart skipped a beat. "No!" I snapped at her.

"Why not?"