Chapter 58

It was early in the morning when I jolted up upon the few unknown voices of strangers. I got off the bed, and drew open the curtains that had broken down last night. I pushed my head out of the balcony, looking at the sparkling car that had arrived at the castle.

She was calling for me. I could smell her, sense her even though she was a few minutes away.

"Luciano!" I screamed, rushing back inside the room to wake him up. The courage came over my lips and I snatched the duvet off his body. "She's here. Fiona is here." I sat over him, my chest rising and dropping with intense happiness that I felt the tears of gloom pass down my cheeks.

"What?"

"She's here. Our daughter is here. She's outside, with the witch," I said, daring not to take her name as I feared that she might just have been my twin sister all along.

Luciano got up on the instant second. "Are you sure?"

"Yes." I nodded. "Come on. Let's go."

I was unclothed, only in my nightgown and my hair untamed, poking out of my head from every side. After waking up Luciano, I ran into the washroom, fixed what needed to be fixed and quickly changed into appropriate clothes.

I moved along the castle walls with Luciano and we went inside the throne room. The paintings of wolves above me stared back at me as I tried to keep my posture straight, it almost felt like they moved and cheered along with me.

I hummed the first melody I had sung to Fiona on the night she was born. Her face was clear in my head but nine months had passed by, so many things were going to be different.

My fingers intertwined and locked with Luciano's as we patiently waited. The silence made me cry out but as soon as I heard the footsteps approaching, I jumped out of joy.

The large golden doors were pushed open by one of the guards standing outside the and a woman walked in. My throat tightened and I cracked out a small smile at her appearance.

The woman—Annabeth—was my reflection and there was no more denying to it.

"Good morning, sister or should I call you, your Highness?" She asked with amusement.

I swallowed hard and gripped onto Luciano so I could faint out of surprise. My thoughts scattered, tumbling across one and another but I shut them all off. The only thing important right now was my daughter.

"Where's my daughter?" I asked her.

She raised her hand at the older woman who came through the door with a stroller. Another witch. When I heard the little giggle break through the stroller, I ran there, and held my child in my hands for the second time ever.

"Oh, baby." I mumbled, bringing her close to my chest as tears poured down my cheeks. "I missed you. Mama missed you so much."

She had grown, a lot. The last time I held her, she was too small and now, she was large, barely fitting in my embrace. Her golden hair grew out, her eyes were bright as Luciano's, wide open, staring at my soul. She had a white headband around her head. When her little hands moved around, I tried hard to contain myself.

She was completely fine. Fiona was unharmed, not a single scratch of anything over her. Her face bloomed and she pushed out her tongue while playing with the necklace around my neck.

I cried.

"She's so beautiful." I whimpered as Luciano came beside me, running his finger over her nose.

"She is pretty like her mama."

Happiness marked inside me and I laughed lightly, feeling alive after so long. I thought there was no hope—but there was.

No time in this world could be more than enough to separate my self from Fiona. I kept her in my embrace for hours, through her tears and giggles.

When I left her down on the ground, she crawled through the red carpet inside the throne room.

When did that happen?

I placed my hand over my mouth and leaned over Luciano. "I missed her first crawls."

"Don't worry, you'll have all the time in the world to see everything else." He replied.

We both watched Fiona, slowly crawling towards Annabeth. It was a long minute before she reached her and clutched her leg.

Annabeth picked her up and placed her over her arm. Fiona smiled and started playing with her. It made me feel a little jealous but, I couldn't do anything about it.

I needed to make up with the time I had lost without her.

"Don't like your mama?" Annabeth asked her.

Fiona didn't respond. She had her attention elsewhere. I went over to her, taking my child away from my very unknown twin sister.

"She'll like me soon." I said, kissing her forehead.

"Trust me, it's going to take a lot of time for that." Annabeth replied, a playful smirk growing over her lips.

Fiona clung to my shoulders as I carried her away from the throne room. It took us a few hours before I found some strength to leave her with the old woman who came along with Annabeth. According to her, the old woman nursed my daughter, took care of her and she was connected to her in a way as a mother would be.

I called in a few other female servants, asking them to keep an eye on the witch and my beautiful daughter.

"It's going to be fine." Luciano pulled me out of the room and closed the door behind before I could peek in for another glimpse.

"I just want to be with her. And, I don't trust anyone." I pouted.

"And, you'll be. Let's deal with your twin sister first—who looks exactly the same as you do except for the hair color. The castle is guarded, nothing is going to happen, I promise." He grunted and dragged me away from the bedroom.

"What should we do with her?" I asked, snapping into my conscious and realizing that we had a huge problem.

"Talk."

Read the full book on patreon quicker www.patreon.com/miakerr